'oo k120rs rear tire - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 2010, 6:13 pm Thread Starter
Noob

'oo k120rs rear tire

I was thinking of going to a wider tire on my k12, currently 5". Is a rim from a k1200s a direct bolt on? thanks dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokerider
I was thinking of going to a wider tire on my k12, currently 5". Is a rim from a k1200s a direct bolt on? thanks dave
I'm purdy sure it isn't...the drive line is on the left side of the S whole different animal or did you mean RS?...if you ment RS than yes its the same mount ...you can pick up the 5.5 inch RS/GT for around $350.00 or so used...Did you try Beemer Bone Yard?...some times you see people wanting to trade a 5.5 for a 5...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 2010, 6:43 am Thread Starter
Noob

Thanks I ment rs , do you think there is any advantage as far as handling? regards dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 2010, 9:38 am
Addict

Be sure if your bike doesn't pull to the right already (mine doesn't on a stock 5" rim) that it won't do that if you change the rim size. There's a lot from others who have the PTR syndrome.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 2010, 3:45 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokerider
Thanks I ment rs , do you think there is any advantage as far as handling? regards dave
I really couldn't say cause I never had the 5 inch wheel but geometry is geometry so my guess is that the turn in would be a little slower with the 5.5 not sure I'm just relying on common thought..Not really my cup of tea if you know what I mean..but it looks cooler
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 2010, 9:50 pm
Addict

I have had both 5" and 5.5" the 5" has less to no drift to the right and will turn in faster if you like to ride fast & hard.

the 5.5" puts more rubber on the ground ( but I never calculated how much) for more grip.

I like the 5.5" better

Interchangeablity. yes the 5.5" will fit inplace of the 5" . Both tire use the same size wheel spacer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode