K1200 Repair Manual online - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2010, 9:38 am Thread Starter
Noob

FOUND :- K1200 Repair Manual online

Just downloaded this K1200RS repair manual and it seems fine. 99% should be applicable to the Gt as well i would have thought.

http://www.slideshare.net/guestd0040...-repair-manual

Cheers Darryl

Last edited by Darryl; Apr 16th, 2010 at 1:53 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2010, 9:02 pm
Enthusiast

Wink Repair & Maintenance Manual

Thanks Darryl,

It all downloaded properly. I have the CD, but this is very handy too.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2010, 10:41 pm
Rookie

Thanks for the link.

Do you (or anyone else) know where I can get an Owner's Manual (what presumably comes with the bike)? I bought my RS pre-owned and have never seen one.

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunchaser
Thanks for the link.

Do you (or anyone else) know where I can get an Owner's Manual (what presumably comes with the bike)? I bought my RS pre-owned and have never seen one.

TIA
http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fic...aspx?vid=51580

Benelli 50cc at 14
Yamaha RD 200 at 16
Yamaha RD 350 at 17
Honda CB 750 F at 18
Honda V45 Sabre at 24
BMW K100RS at 27
BMW R100GS at 34
BMW K1200RS at 53
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2010, 10:19 am
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl
Just downloaded this K1200RS repair manual and it seems fine. 99% should be applicable to the Gt as well i would have thought.

Cheers Darryl
Covers the RS quite well, but is pretty dismal wrt the options. For instance, changing the headlamp bulb on the GT is done by removing the nose plastic, then removing the headlamp to change the bulb. This is primarily due to the electric windscreen option making it difficult to reach in behind the headlamp to change tie bulb as is described in that manual. But, for 99% of the work, it's fine. Just don't anticpate much help with optional equipment. The GT was initially the RS and $2000.00 worth of options (if purchased separately) for $1000 more over the RS's MSRP.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2010, 11:13 am

Now we just need the K1300GT manual since you can't seem to buy it anywhere anymore. I really don't want to wait until BMW updates it and put it back on the shelves for sale.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2010, 11:09 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl

http://www.slideshare.net/guestd0040...-repair-manual

Cheers Darryl

I have tried 3 times and gotten the message from Adobe Reader that the file is damaged and can not be repaired? Any suggestions, I have an '00 K12RS and have been using an LT manual......thanks.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2010, 5:37 am Thread Starter
Noob

I have just clicked on the link and it took me straight in so in all honesty i cannot suggest anything else.

Sorry Darryl
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2010, 11:14 am

RE: Manual

Hello Infidel, same boat with you. I just bought a 2000 K1200RS without an owner's manual.
I ordered from A&S BMW in CA, along with a missing rt side pass footpeg. Got a notice back, peg's ok but book is B.O.
I think I have the switches figured out after using Japs all my life. But, not sure I'll find the horn in an emergency!!!

Anyone, does the ABS blinking light ever go solid red. I have no idea till I can read a manual.
The last owner replaced a front brake hose and did a regular bled job and the light never went out afterwards. Thanks so much, Dickey
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2010, 1:32 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokerecord
Hello Infidel, same boat with you. I just bought a 2000 K1200RS without an owner's manual.
I ordered from A&S BMW in CA, along with a missing rt side pass footpeg. Got a notice back, peg's ok but book is B.O.
I think I have the switches figured out after using Japs all my life. But, not sure I'll find the horn in an emergency!!!

Anyone, does the ABS blinking light ever go solid red. I have no idea till I can read a manual.
The last owner replaced a front brake hose and did a regular bled job and the light never went out afterwards. Thanks so much, Dickey
I found another on-line pdf for the K12RS.....PM me and I'll see if it will upload.....or try to send the link.......this site above never worked for me....be patient, the SuperBikes are in town this weekend and I'm late from the races........practice day today....but a good bit of music tonight...Kansas, Foreigner and Styx......what can I say......I'm old........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode