Maps for Power Commander - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2010, 2:04 am Thread Starter
Noob

Maps for Power Commander

Morning,

I have a K1200RS 2002. I have had the head ported and a custom made exhaust to increase flow. I am also running a Rhinewest chip.

The power commander has certainly made a difference since I fitted it two weeks ago but I have not had the bike dyno'd. The one thing I have noticed is the fuel comsumption has reduced to 40mpg from 47 - 50 and the idle speed has risen to 1600. I assume the idle can be sorted by reducing the mix by a percentage, on zero throttle position between 1500 - 500 rpm within the map.

Most of my journeys are on motorways at 80 - 90mph, so I expect the throttle must be at around 10 -15% open. Does anyone have a map that would allow good fuel economy on long runs but still keep the perfomance when needed?

I have loaded the Power Commander software onto my PC and there are two standard maps available but neither take into account the Rhinewest chip or the ported head. Can I adjust the maps by logging the data on a run and then + or - the fuel?

Thanks

Chris

Last edited by chrisfaux; May 20th, 2010 at 2:37 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2010, 8:44 pm
Enthusiast

Don't really know for sure, but I thought that the purpose of the PC and it's mapping was to bypass the chip and it's mapping, regardless of whether it was stock or Rhinewest. You might check with the Rhinewest guys or the PC guys and see what they say. I know Rhinewest is pretty easy to talk with. For what it is worth, I also know their standard chip will work with after market exhausts, but that their Cam gear and Chip kit was engineered to only work with the stock exhaust.

Jim Douglas
'00 K1200RS >135,000 mi, '09 K1300S sold @ 22,232 mi
'93 K1100RS traded up @ 78,000 mi, '85 K100RS sold @44,000 mi, Kawi 650 track bike - sold
http://www.seagullbb.com/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode