OEM Booklets - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2010, 7:48 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

OEM Booklets

I got my 03 RS from a private seller and I was not able to get any booklets that came with the bike.

I have downloaded the "Repair Manual" PDF and I print-out chapters as I need them and thereby creating a hardcopy manual.

Is there any important information in either the "Rider's Manual" or the "Service Manual" that is worth $26 (each)?

Thanks

"Cogito ergo zoom!"
Safety comes before speed. - Check the dictionary.

1999 Sportster "S" Cardinal Red
2000 ZRX1100 Jade Green
2003 K1200RS Pacific Metallic Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2010, 8:45 pm
Veteran

There is some stuff.....quite a bit actually but I don't look at mine very often.If you want to wait I'll scan mine for you in a couple weeks, was going to do it anyway so I could have it in the computer.....copyrights be.......D....!

I had to buy the alarm book for that much money, just for a couple pages of info I needed....I asked online first, I guess nobody had it or wanted to risk "Copyright Infringments".....

Benelli 50cc at 14
Yamaha RD 200 at 16
Yamaha RD 350 at 17
Honda CB 750 F at 18
Honda V45 Sabre at 24
BMW K100RS at 27
BMW R100GS at 34
BMW K1200RS at 53
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2010, 3:47 pm

Re:

What is it with these guys that put that stuff in a safe place then forget where they hid it. That's what the secret box under the seat is far. If you blow a fuse 90 miles from home, what good does the owner's book do that tells where to look for the fuse block?
I didn't get the book or the ABS feeler gage. It's on order, so untill then ,I'll just look all around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2010, 4:20 pm
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunchaser
I got my 03 RS from a private seller and I was not able to get any booklets that came with the bike. Thanks
Have you checked the little compartment on the bottom of the seat to see if your books are actually in there?

Many people don't realise that the compartment exists. Worth a try.
Cheers Darryl
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2010, 5:58 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokerecord
What is it with these guys that put that stuff in a safe place then forget where they hid it. That's what the secret box under the seat is far. If you blow a fuse 90 miles from home, what good does the owner's book do that tells where to look for the fuse block?
I didn't get the book or the ABS feeler gage. It's on order, so untill then ,I'll just look all around.
In my experience, if you blow an important fuse 90 miles from home, there's a fault that doesn't go away by replacing the fuse - the new fuse just blows again. The ABS feeler is the same thing. If the gaps have changed so much the ABS lights come on then there are problems with bearings that won't get fixed by looking in the book. The most useful tool in my toolroll is the black rubber condom thingy that helps me put oil in the bike.

However, the booklet is handy for telling you what the fuses do and it's where I go to check things like tire sizes and bulb specs.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2010, 8:56 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl
Many people don't realise that the compartment exists.
Wow! I've had the seat off numerous times and never noticed the compartment. I guess because I always had a different issue at the time.

Unfortunately when I got the cheesebox open it was empty.

Maybe I'll just pony-up the $52. With everything about the bike so complicated and expensive the manuals will most likely pay for themselves over time. At least now I know where to keep them if I do get them.

(Thanks for the offer, "H")

"Cogito ergo zoom!"
Safety comes before speed. - Check the dictionary.

1999 Sportster "S" Cardinal Red
2000 ZRX1100 Jade Green
2003 K1200RS Pacific Metallic Blue

Last edited by Sunchaser; Jun 3rd, 2010 at 9:04 pm.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2010, 11:14 pm
Noob

Try here:

http://www.bmw-motorrad.dk/dk/da/ind...html&notrack=1

You want the EN edition for English.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 2010, 8:43 pm

Owners manual

Well, I got my $26.40 plus $3.00 shipping, O.M. today. Talk about cheesey, my Honda and Kawa manuals are 3Xs as thick. Much more thourgh in telling about how things work, plus they have all maintance charts and blank sheets to keep up with maintance work.
I guess BMW wants you to take it to the dealer so the work can be put in the computer. No need to go thru the hassel of having to write it down. Bring it to us and all you do is write the check.
Oh, nothing about much of anything except handlebar switches, and gauges.

I've replaced blown fuses in boats, trains, tractors, trucks, cars, and houses for over 50 years.
It normally means ~ that a fuse has blown. Just like light bulbs and tires sometimes they just pop.

Last edited by Brokerecord; Jun 11th, 2010 at 8:52 pm.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 2010, 3:53 am
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokerecord
Well, I got my $26.40 plus $3.00 shipping, O.M. today. Talk about cheesey, my Honda and Kawa manuals are 3Xs as thick. Much more thourgh in telling about how things work, plus they have all maintance charts and blank sheets to keep up with maintance work.
BMW puts all that sort of information in the second book of the pair (Riders Manual, and Service Manual) that come with the bike.
That's the case for my '98 RS, anyway.

Douglas C.
1998 K1200RS
1968 Triumph T120
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 2010, 4:56 pm
Addict

If you are looking for more than instructions on how to ride the bike, check the tires and polish the plastics then the Clymer service manual IS the best value.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode