Cee Bailey Headlight Guard - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 2010, 10:45 am Thread Starter
Addict

Cee Bailey Headlight Guard

I just fitted a Cee Baily headlight guard on my '03 K1200RS. IMHO, this is by far the better way to go than to rely on a static-cling plastic film. The Cee Bailey guard is a full 1/8" thick and stands slightly off the headlight lens (due to the use of 3M mounting pads). Even if the guard deflects, there's some space for the deflection to eat up energy from most incoming objects. OK, a serious hunk of railroad ballast or a boulder will probably kill the lens, but most stuff on the road... no worries, mon!

This is the second bike I've mounted a Cee Bailey guard on. There were a couple of pits in the Connie's guard, but the lens was untouched. I hope the same will be true for the KRS, too.

Cee Bailey Headlight Guard...

P.S. In the web site images, the guard is shown as being translucent - the shipped guard is absolutely clear, as it should be.

Not all who wander are lost. Which still leaves room for more than a few lost wanderers...

Red Flash - '03 K1200RS, lightly farkled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 2010, 11:00 am
Veteran

If you need spare 3M Dual-lock mounting tabs for the headlight guard. You can order them from Laminar Lip.
I believe you got 10 sets for $5 bucks, but that price might be old.

Mr. Emerson, check for a PM.

Bruce C
'04 K1200RS Capri Blue(totaled)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 2010, 11:26 am Thread Starter
Addict

3M Dual-lock is fairly easy to find at Ace, Lowe's, etc. If I had a little more patience, I might have bought a strip of Dual-lock and carved it into rectangles, closer to those shown in the Cee Bailey site's pix. The Cee Bailey supplied dots are 3/4" diameter, kinda hard to miss once mounted, and not quite in keeping with the K's overall shape. However, that's just my opinion. But then, opinions are like ...uh... noses: everybody's got one

BTW, PM read and appreciated.

Not all who wander are lost. Which still leaves room for more than a few lost wanderers...

Red Flash - '03 K1200RS, lightly farkled

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode