04 k1200 gt handlebar adjustment - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 2010, 5:29 pm Thread Starter
Noob

04 k1200 gt handlebar adjustment

Hi All,
I am looking for any information on how to adjust the handlebars on my recently purchased 2004 k1200 gt. Any info would help. Many thanks in advance
Regards
Pager69
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 2010, 7:03 pm
Veteran

There are no adjustment for your stock bars....You can however buy a set of RS stock bar-backs that are adjustable for around $75.00 used. You can either remove the extended fairings in front of the bars to make room for turning the bars or put stubby levers on your bars...I have done both but prefer the removal of the fairing pieces to get more air in the summer months. just reinstall the fairings and raise the bars if you don't have the stubby levers for the fall and winter months. But with the stubby levers and keeping the bars lowered makes for a lot better hand protection for the cold weather. Just "click" here for notification when they are available http://www.beemerboneyard.com/31422332225.html

Last edited by BAK04GT; Sep 19th, 2010 at 7:09 pm.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 2010, 8:08 pm
MIK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pager69
Hi All,
I am looking for any information on how to adjust the handlebars on my recently purchased 2004 k1200 gt.
what are you trying to adjust? Angle? Move them closer for more upright position? Something else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 2010, 10:09 pm

You can use the higher RS mounts with the fairing extenders.

The 03-04 RS mounts were higher than the earlier models. They have maybe 2 inches of rise above the top tube mount. The lower ones you will have to limit use of the fairing extensions. Those mounts only have about 1 inch rise above and down to 1/2 inch below.

I hope this helps. But then as was said, it isn't clear what you are seeking with adjustment.

NCS

NC Piedmont rider
03 K RS
74 Honda CB750
76 Pillion Rider Ver 1.0
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 2010, 10:09 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIK
what are you trying to adjust? Angle? Move them closer for more upright position? Something else?
Hi Mik,
They are just 2 far forward and give my wrists hell on a long ride. since the post i am told they are non adjustable and risers or barbaks are the only answer
Pager69
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 2010, 10:25 am
MIK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pager69
i am told they are non adjustable and risers or barbaks are the only answer
That's why I asked. I suspected you were looking for more upright position, so yes, barbacks are the thing. I have 40mm ones that I got from pirates'liar that don't require replacing the cables and even though they are not perfect, they made riding long distance tolerable.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 11:37 pm
Addict

I'm with MIK,but I used Suburban Machinery barbacks,they moved the bars up and back about an inch or more each,taking some weight off my wrists and making the riding position a bit more upright.
I get the original position and it would work for younger,stronger men than me!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode