SportVue Heads Up Display, and that annoying RPM sensor wire I've been yakking about - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2006, 7:00 pm Thread Starter

SportVue Heads Up Display, and that annoying RPM sensor wire I've been yakking about

Just installed my SportVue MC2. For those of you who dont know what this is, its a Heads Up Display that mounts to your helmet visor and gives you a visual read on gear, speed, RPMs, and radar detection. Really a cool device. I'm all about keeping my eyes on the road, and this will help immensely. Maybe pricey, but then again so was the K12RS!

The website is www.sportvue.com

I installed it, an Autocom Pro-7, XM radio, GPS, radar, ZTechnik exhaust and chip- so I had to remove all the tupperware, which made things go smoothly. Installing the SportVue was simple once I figured out which wire to use- 4 BMW dealers gave wrong info, as did a couple of other people. Seems no one has had to tear into a KRS yet, at least not the later bikes. I finally combined all the info and made a guesstimate which turned out correct. The pics and info have been sent to SportVue and should be available soon as a downloadable .pdf.

If anyone has been thinking about getting the MC1 or 2, I'll be glad to help out. I'll be sure to post my "never been known to be humble" opinions soon on this board. Thanks to you guys with the info I was looking for. So far this has been a cool forum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2006, 6:30 pm

How does it read the gears? Is there a physical sensor on the shift lever or does it get the info from the BMW display?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2006, 6:52 pm Thread Starter

you hook it up to the rpm wire that runs from crankcase to tach. then you teach it- the HUD blinks "1" and you put the bike into 1st gear (while on centerstand) and run it up to 5000rpm or so, then the HUD blinks "2" and so on... it learns rpm range and quicker gear response as you use it. Check out www.sportvue.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode