2003 K1200RS - Rear Master Cylinder Hoses - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2010, 8:13 pm Thread Starter
Noob

2003 K1200RS - Rear Master Cylinder Hoses

Hello All,

There are 2 small hoses that run from the rear master cylinder to I believe the control circuit module. They are about 6-8 inches in length and don't look to be high pressure type hoses.

If these hoses were to be replaced, would this require the control circuit to be bled?

I ask as I just had the dealer perform the control circuit flush and I instructed them to look at these two small hoses while it was apart and the fluid was being flushed anyway. Of course they put it all back together and when I asked over the phone about the hoses, they indicated they didn't know to look at them. Yada, Yada, Yada...

I need to pick the bike up tomorrow and I wanted to know if these hoses can be replaced fairly simply or if the side panels have to come back off and it's a brake bleed to the extreme?

Thanks,
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 2010, 12:39 pm
Looking for better limits...

Those hoses aren't under pressure. Removing them, though, will most likely (but not definitely) introduce air into the control unit. Unless they looked cracked, I'd wait another two years for the bi-annual complete brake bleed and specify that the hoses are to be replaced.
I just had the reservoir replaced due to it being bleached by the sun. Was recommended that it be replaced by the warranty service guy as he'd seen them crack after being bleached like mine was. You could see the fluid level ok, but when in the sun, it sure looked milky in color, too. Fortunately, it was also time for the bi-annual brake bleeding procedure, so I killed two birds with one stone.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser SŲze
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 2010, 6:39 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Thanks for the information Razel.

I'll check my reservoir to see if it looks sun cooked.

John-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode