Too Good to be true??? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 2006, 7:47 pm Thread Starter

Smile Too Good to be true???

Need help...Newbie here and dont really know what to do. Im in the market for a RS. Been doing my homework and reading all the forums and MOA news letters. But the bike listed on looks too good to be true. Over 4k in after market parts and the guy will take 7500 right now if I would pay in person. Hes in NY and Im in Ohio. Not like its right down the road. More like 650+miles

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-K...QQcmdZViewItem

Tell me what you guys think...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 2006, 8:00 pm
Veteran

It's hard to tell by pics alone. Kelly Blue Book is $9020 for the bike. Seller didn't mention anything about maintenance or if there was anything wrong with it. Maybe someone on this board who lives near there can take a look at it. I just wouldn't buy it without seeing it in person and riding it.
With the new S bike out and no more RS being made, you should be able to get anything you want.

07 BMW K1200 S (cosmic blue/titan silver)
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 2006, 8:00 pm
"DELIVERS"

Wink

Looks like a Patriots fan by the reflection in the gauges...maybe lost a bundle last weekend (haha)....wouldn't buy it without riding it myself....make sure the VIN matches the title and that the title is clear of all liens....sounds too good to be true....definitely handle it in person....good luck!

'04 GT...Orient Blue...Staintune...Ohlins...Power Commander
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 2006, 8:01 pm Thread Starter

The guy who is selling it is really short with his answers. Ive called him 2 times to see if we could met half way some where with the bike. He hasnt called me back. But Im just going to wait and hope some one out bids me. If not I guess you can call me a scum bag....because Im not going to pay.....oh well
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 2006, 8:13 pm
Addict

Armyguy,

I'd definitely have someone check it out that lives nearby.

There's a big red flag about the seller: Been a member since 2002 yet has ZERO feedback....

Anyway, there is some purchase protection for vehicles on eBay - you'll haveta pay a deductible I think but it's better than losing your shirt!

Good luck and let us know what happens!

alow

2003 BMW K1200GT (Orient Blue) (Fast)
1982 Honda MB5 (Not So Fast)
IBA #22048

"This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat."
- Hunter S. Thompson
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 2006, 8:16 pm
Veteran

The NADA book is; lo-$6,900 avg.- $9,100 that puts it in the middle right now in the auction. The $4,000 in aftermarket upgrades are worth close to zero when selling. A lot of people want their bikes stock.
The auction still has over a day and 1/2 to go and the seller has your $7,500 bid already. Why would he sell it to you for $7,500 cash and not let the auction run some more?
In the sellers defense, if it was my bike I wouldn't take it around the block for a buyer to see it. If you want it, you come to me.
Finally, don't ask for advise involving money from anyone except your family. Keep your money in your pocket. You sound WAY to eager to get a bike at any cost.
Bruce C

Last edited by brucecha; Jan 16th, 2006 at 8:33 pm.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 2006, 8:29 pm Thread Starter

Well Bruce..shouldnt you ask other people that know about bikes??? I was just asking. Plus I said He WOULD take 7500 CASH right now. But when you sell something you should be willing to answer quetions right? Plus the numbers you have really dont add up to the blue book I have at the dealership. Like I said I was just asking............
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 2006, 8:34 pm
Veteran

Go for it.
Bruce C
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 2006, 12:01 am

Wink K-Taxi

Hey ArmyGuy.

Just my 2cents worth.

I had a chance to buy a local 2001 K-Taxi like this one with the bags had 7000 miles, Remus Exhaust, Very clean, Needed tires, with 2xtra windshields and a small tail bag for 6500.00 so I would just take your time and look around your area for a similar ride because now is the time to buy when the prices are at a low level. You'll be much better at finding something local that you can get checked by a reputable bike shop so you can get a idea what if any repairs will be needed and maybe new tires? if needed will be about $350 alone so shop around. Get as much bike as you can afford but have enough money left over to make sure you can ride it safely.

BEST OF LUCK.

Fletch

2004 KZEBRA (SOLD)
2004 K1200GT
1993 K1100LT (FOR SALE)
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 2006, 12:38 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyguy1128
The guy who is selling it is really short with his answers. Ive called him 2 times to see if we could met half way some where with the bike. He hasnt called me back. But Im just going to wait and hope some one out bids me. If not I guess you can call me a scum bag....because Im not going to pay.....oh well
Armyguy, If you really want someone to outbid you, why don't you just retract your bid. This way you won't risk getting a negative feedback from this stranger.

If you decide to buy it, I'd suggest to pick it up in person. Looks he's also selling an Aprilia. Maybe you can check his plates..

'04 K1200RS- sold
'06 R1150GS Adventure ( Final Edition ) ( Still in Crate) 4-sale
'04 Honda RC51 ( still in the crate!) 4 sale
'08 BMW HP2 Sport #43 (awsome)
'09 BMW HP2 Sport w/ABS #77 ( still in crate)
'10 Harley Davidson CVO Street Glide

Last edited by Lucky88; Jan 17th, 2006 at 12:48 am.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode