newbie noise question - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 2012, 9:41 am Thread Starter
Noob

newbie noise question

Hi everyone,

I'm new to K-bikes - making the move from a R1150RS, (which I loved), and just had a few questions on what is typical for a 2004 GT. I have searched the various threads, and am very familiar w/ the 'box of rocks' noises associated when this model is at idle, however I have noticed a few other noises and I would like to see if they are typical. Just some background info - the bike I would be buying is a 2004 w/ 48K on the clock, and the previous owner is my dad who has taken GREAT care of it. Anyway, with that said, while there is a very slight noise while at idle, I hear a similar noise while riding, particularly while shifting gears (when releasing the throttle), and when the engine isn't really working too hard. The noise in question can be reproduced while the bike is sitting in neutral, and the engine is taken up to 2500 RPM, and the throttle is cut. My dad has said that he hasn't noticed any new sounds, but I know how hard it is to hear new things if they develop slowly - so I thought I would see what you all think.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and feedback. Please let me know if you need any additional info!

Regards,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 2012, 11:22 am
Addict

If my dad was selling me a bike I would try asking for a 20K miles/1 year guarantee, as he probably has more money than you!

I have a '97 KRS with about that mileage. I have stopped worrying so much about idle noises since I had it all apart and nothing jumped out at me. I only listen hard for noises when running under power and if coasting or on a 'clutch in' throttle off coasting check.

Perhaps just check valve clearances which are pretty easy to do and ride.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode