02 K12RS - 2Bros. and Rhinewest Chip - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 2012, 12:37 pm Thread Starter
Noob

02 K12RS - 2Bros. and Rhinewest Chip

I'm trying to find a site that sells the Two Bros. Exhaust for my 02 K12RS but they seem to not exist for anything older than 2005. I know they were discontinued sometime in 2008 it seems.

I was wondering if the latest models of the exhaust for the GT will fit or if anyone knows where I can find the one specifically for my year model?

I'm going to mate the exhaust with a Rhinewest chip upgrade which from my research seems to be a great match.

I also heard that Two Brothers made a header as well. Is that true?

http://www.k12rs.com/Exhaust_Compare.htm
This link has a pretty decent comparison of the different options. I think the bike looks best without a pipe at all but we all know that wouldn't be wise to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 2012, 9:41 pm

Interesting site.......my '00 K12RS is chipped with the Remus titanium exhaust.....Dealer stated I'm at 120 hp.

All that said, I have no idea on the 2-Bros other than Beemerboneyard or the IBMWR marketplace. There used to be a significant anti 2-Bros sentiment based on folks liking the sewing machine sound. It sets them apart from the Screaming Eagle crowd. I really like the Remus growl personally.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 2012, 12:32 am
Enthusiast

Im sure I remember reading something years ago by Shiva himself that although the 2-Bros might give highest BHP, it robbed the bike of a big chunk of midrange torque. If your into racing and revving not a big deal but for the majority of real world riding I want midrange, wish I could find the article.

Its funny as a few years back I had a R1100S which I put a Remus system on. After a few months I had to take the cans off as one of them developed a crack, so I put the OE cans back on for a while, you know what, same thing, bike was actually nicer to ride, though a bit quiet.

Fast-forward to today and my K1300GT, Ive also just taken the Remus off and gone back to the OE "bazooka" mainly as the Remus is just too loud for me. I use the bike for work and leave pretty early some days and think its a bit unfair waking the neighbourhood up, I know, I must be getting old, but you know what, same thing again, midrange is back. Maybe with a PC111 and some dyno time It could be made better, but actually for this bike especially, its not what I want.

Tim
------------------

2011 K1300GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 2012, 4:05 am
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFidel
Interesting site.......my '00 K12RS is chipped with the Remus titanium exhaust.....Dealer stated I'm at 120 hp.
Now that is strange because the spec. for my '97 straight from the factory (not French)!, all stock is 130 hp @ 8750, maybe a bit less at the rear wheel. But I have oodles of low down torque making me lazy with upshifting.

Reduced weight is a plus for an aftermarket, but what else am I missing with this Remus up/downgrade?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 2012, 9:58 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxmagna
Now that is strange because the spec. for my '97 straight from the factory (not French)!, all stock is 130 hp @ 8750, maybe a bit less at the rear wheel. But I have oodles of low down torque making me lazy with upshifting.

Reduced weight is a plus for an aftermarket, but what else am I missing with this Remus up/downgrade?
I'm not sure what the actual vs spec discrepancy is in real life....maybe 20%? This is dyno spec of actual delivered hp. I have the same laziness as torque is a monster on my bike. Getting rid of weight and heat are the two other factors with the OEM cat/silencer. The cat can be turned in to the re-cycling centers here for cash. I've never seen one sell on the secondary market.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 2012, 1:29 pm
Addict

We can do the same with old CATs because of the Platinum content.

However, they will not sell yours back to you, if new rules ever come in for motorcycle emission testing.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 2012, 11:29 am

Quote:
We can do the same with old CATs because of the Platinum content.

However, they will not sell yours back to you, if new rules ever come in for motorcycle emission testing.
If our nanny state becomes that overbearing, I likely won't be riding my moto any longer.....cheers to that never happening....
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 2012, 12:10 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:

Dont know with the Bricks, what I can tell you is when I had my BMW R1100S the quoted HP was 98, most corrected RW (Rear Wheel) HP results were in the 77-85 BHP stock, I managed to get mine up to 93 RWBHP with a complete Remus system and K&N filter. Going on that I would reckon RWBHP from a K12 would be around 110-115 in stock trim. The link in eurofans post points to a stock bike with 111 so seems right.

Tim
------------------

2011 K1300GT
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 2012, 3:22 am
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFidel
If our nanny state becomes that overbearing, I likely won't be riding my moto any longer.....cheers to that never happening....
YOUR ? nanny state? how abt 60mph and 3 times over , license gone
I,ll never ride in Australia
I drive much in Germany where roads are self policing

Best Rgds
Stuart
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Aug 14th, 2012, 1:26 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuarth44
I drive much in Germany where roads are self policing
I have to agree with that statement. German drivers are some of the best in the world with great left-lane discipline, but what do you expect when the cost of a license is a couple grand.

The best American drivers are those who have motorcycles, are private pilots, or have some disciplined experience handling multiple types of road vehicles. It's too easy to get a license here in the states and there should be some type of recurrency training/testing every 10-years or so.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode