Wolo Horn - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 2012, 11:26 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Wolo Horn

Has any-one tried the WOLO bad boy 419 air horn ? Or is it a LU-LU and just get a nautilus ?They seem to get pretty good reviews , mounting is the question though on the k1200rs . ,,,,,,,,,,,,Well excuse me , but I decided to spring the $51.50 delivered Stebel nautilus compact that has a 139 db dual tone blast , the most powerfull !!! There is a web-site that shows the custom mount on a 1998 k1200rs on the web so I know it will fit . It says you can hear it 3 blocks away.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brackets.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	13789   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stebel_complete_left.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	13790   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stebel_complete_rear.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	13791   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stebel_complete_right.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	13792   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stebel_complete_top.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	13793  

Last edited by joesflashdog; Aug 16th, 2012 at 5:37 pm. Reason: change
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 20th, 2012, 11:16 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Stebel compact nautalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesflashdog
Has any-one tried the WOLO bad boy 419 air horn ? Or is it a LU-LU and just get a nautilus ?They seem to get pretty good reviews , mounting is the question though on the k1200rs . ,,,,,,,,,,,,Well excuse me , but I decided to spring the $51.50 delivered Stebel nautilus compact that has a 139 db dual tone blast , the most powerfull !!! There is a web-site that shows the custom mount on a 1998 k1200rs on the web so I know it will fit . It says you can hear it 3 blocks away.
I installed the italian made stebel nautilus compact with a additional relay 30-40amp .It works well with a fabricated (welded) mounting bracket. I also ordered one of the chinese made nautilus knock off's at $25.50 delivered out of california . They claim 139 db as well. I think the wolo and this OTHER horn I bought are the same copies of the stebel nautilus compact. So I'm going to be running 2 of these 139db horns on the 2000 k1200rs.I'm going to mount the china horn on the air-box ( zipp ties). I will tell you folks how the china copy sounds compared to the Italian horn. There is a stebel compact listed on ebay now that says made in china on it as well , it is $27.00 delivered.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 7:29 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

China stebel nautilus compact

The china clone came and is installed,it is exactly the same and sounds the same as the italian made stebel , it just does not say stebel on it. It came with-out the small plastic fitting to connect a hose to so the horn does not injest water , so I made it water-proof by siliconeing a hose in the air intake on it. Now I wish I would have bought both horns from china .If you want a loud horn just buy the china made horn. I bet stebel has their parts made in china and assembles them in italy ,I think the parts will inter-change between the air horns I have ,the hose attachment would fit the china horn.So get the cheap china clone unless spending more money makes it better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode