'02 ABS Servo Update - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Sep 27th, 2012, 6:28 am Thread Starter
Addict

'02 ABS Servo Update

Hey Guys,
A while back I had ABS issues and my servo was bad. BMW wanted $2400.00 with a three year warranty, plus about $500.00 labor to fix. With the help from Pierre, who I am very grateful too, I was able to have this unit rebuilt for $900.00 with a 5year warranty. It's now several thousand miles and 5 months later and the unit works flawlessly. I don't even worry about it any more. FYI- If you have momentary speedometer, or cruise control problems, this could be an indication the unit is failing since they are all tied together. That is why you cant just disconnect the servo and go regular brakes when this happens. They are all tied together and if one is missing or malfunctions, it all goes bad. Here is their website http://www.autoecu.com/contactus.php call them and describe what t=you have and see what they can do. When I first opened their site it said nothing about motorcycles, but they did BMW automobile work. I called, told them my year, model etc and they said they could do it. The rest is history. Bleeding after the install was a bitch but we did it. While your at it replace your rubber brake lines with steel lines and bleed the brakes ONCE not like me. I blew a line out after install and bleed, just to have to bleed them all over again.....DOH!! Hope this helps anyone. Take Care and thanks again Pierre. E-mail me with any questions, I'm here for you guys,
BTW- My bike is an '02 KRS with partially integrated power ABS brakes with cruise.

Jim S.
* Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode