Need an Aeroflow mount for a '04 K1200GT - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 2012, 8:24 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Unhappy Need an Aeroflow mount for a '04 K1200GT

I was all excited to find forum feedback that made an Aeroflow windshield sound like just the right choice for taming the wind in my face. Unfortunately, Aeroflow is not selling new brackets at this point (something about being unable to find a suitable manufacturer). I'm looking to buy a used or unwanted one that will accommodate the Tall Touring model for my bike. With or without plastic is OK. I've looked on ebay and Beemer Boneyard with no luck. Can anyone hook me up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 4th, 2012, 4:39 pm
Noob

Tall wind screen

I ride an 04 1200 gt. when I bought the bike it had a tall windscreen on it( 24''), being only 5'7", I felt like i was standing behind a wall.I have since changed to an 03 rs stock windscreen, it's perfect for me. If you are still interested i would be happy to send you pictures. Please feel free to call me with any questions.

Todd Kasica
904-477-3437
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 2012, 5:28 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Interested in your Aeroflow screen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKASICA
I ride an 04 1200 gt. when I bought the bike it had a tall windscreen on it( 24''), being only 5'7", I felt like i was standing behind a wall.I have since changed to an 03 rs stock windscreen, it's perfect for me. If you are still interested i would be happy to send you pictures. Please feel free to call me with any questions.

Todd Kasica
904-477-3437
Todd,

I would love to see some pictures. I'm still on the hunt for a tall one and/or the mount. At 6'1", the stock shield does nothing for me. If you want to send pics here or to my email ([email protected]), I'd appreciate it. Since I'm seeing this on Christmas eve, I'll wait a couple days and call you after the holiday. If you see this in the interim, my cell is 420-493-0711. Talk to you soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 2012, 6:13 pm
Enthusiast

I'm looking for an Aeroflow also.
Proving hard to find.

That said...
I called Todd back when he originally posted..
He sent a pic or 2... Think he has a Parabellum.

That said..
If you have a Grey Green GT, I have for sale a light Green tint, tall screen, that performs quite well on the bike. Way better than stock. Shaped like an OEM GT screen (w-flip at top), but taller. Looks okay as well. I haven't gotten around to advertising it yet, but I'm going to. I think it's a Cee Baileys... They don't make them anymore so I can't see them on their site to be sure.

Dmilan
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 2012, 10:27 am Thread Starter
Noob

Dmilan,

Thanks for the info. I'm going to hold out for an Aeroflow for now. If you happen to find a pair of them, let me know. My GT is the Piedmont Red one. Afraid green won't do it. I keep trying to get Aeroflow to just send me specs, a pattern, or a sample that I can make one from. No dice so far. Having a design and not making it available to willing buyers defies logic for me. I'll keep trying and let you know if I have any success. Thanks again.

Rick
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 2012, 11:03 am
Enthusiast

Rick,

I've called Aeroflow as well regarding the brackets.
"Too much $ to produce them"
I'll add
Not enough buyers to sell them to.

As I recall, the set up cost ~$420.00 back then. That's when the bike was still in production and they had hopes of selling a substantial # of units.

I had an Aeroflow back in 2004-7, on my 2004 GT.
Tall Touring version.
I liked it. Excellent wind & weather protection. Looked okay aesthetically, in my eyes.
Thought it looked much nicer than the tall narrow screens.
Pretty is as pretty does....

Checked my computer for old pics of the brackets...
dmilan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010013.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	625.8 KB
ID:	13998   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010008.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	689.6 KB
ID:	13999   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010004.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	606.2 KB
ID:	14000  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2012, 6:23 am Thread Starter
Noob

DMilan,

Thanks for the pics. I agree with the aesthetic assessment. Not quite as sexy as some, but looks like it would cut down on some of the wind in my face. As an engineer, function over form fits me better and this sounds (and looks) like that solution.

I'm frustrated because I've been back and forth (via email only at this point) to offer a manufacturing solution. I have a cousin (also an '04 GT owner) who manufactures turbine blades and such for a living. I'm sure he could make it happen, if they would allow it.

Next step is to try to talk to the owner and see if I can shake something loose.

Again, thanks for your help.

Rick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode