Bagster - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2006, 6:14 pm Thread Starter
Riding in company

Bagster

Anybody have one? What do you think of it?

BillA
Jersey Shore
K1200RS '04
BSA Victor '68ish
Club Car golf cart '92
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2006, 6:19 pm

Thumbs up

Best tank bag I ever had, not cheap but worth every $.

If you do go with their system get the matcing color for the tank cover but get the bag itself black. That will enable you to use the bag on future bikes.

Eric
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2006, 8:26 pm

I have the "Opal" colored Bagster tank cover on my '04 Gray-Green GT. The fit is good, workmanship is good, and the color match is as good as you could expect it to be with a mixed metallic color like the "Graugren". Attachment is easy and secure and it does a great job of protecting the paint on the tank.

I don't have a Bagster tankbag, I tried two of them and just couldn't find a good fit. The Alpha was too long, the back end poked me in the chest. The Delta was just not the right shape, the rear pocket was not as usable as I wanted. So, I'm still running a Wolfman tankbag on top of the Bagster tank cover.

This is the second Bagster tank cover I've owned. Bagster makes a good product, but they are as flakey as you'd expect a French company to be when it comes to doing international business. They have a new US importer, CIMI International, and they appear to be doing their best at dealing with the home office--if you get through to them on the phone or via email they will help you all they can. It doesn't help that Bagster's web site (www.bagster.com) is a disastrous mess, long on Flash animations and short on real product information....

I'd buy another Bagster tank cover anytime. I wouldn't buy another tank bag unless I could hold it in my hand and try the fit on the bag beforehand, but then I have very specific needs and requirements in a tankbag.

Best,

GTRider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2006, 10:26 pm
Enthusiast

Bagster... can't read.

Snip
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRider
I don't have a Bagster tankbag, I tried two of them and just couldn't find a good fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRider
This is the second Bagster tank cover I've owned. Bagster makes a good product, but they are as flakey as you'd expect a French company to be when it comes to doing international business. They have a new US importer, CIMI International, and they appear to be doing their best at dealing with the home office--if you get through to them on the phone or via email they will help you all they can. It doesn't help that Bagster's web site (www.bagster.com) is a disastrous mess, long on Flash animations and short on real product information....
I sent an email to bagster:
"I am interested in receiving a catalog for tank protector for a 2003 BMW K1200RS motorcycle (capri blue). An associate recommended the Sky Blue tank protector. I've seen a photo of the tank protector. (see photo)"
?
I included a picture of a K1200 same year and color as mine with the tank protector on and their reply was that they needed the make and model. Guess they don't understand picture was what I was looking to purchase.

03K12RS
:wtf Joel Callan :wtf
Milwaukee, WI 53222

Homepage
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2006, 11:46 pm

Bagster

Bill, I'm on my second bagster tank cover. My first was on my '99 K12 RS. I used it about 4 years with their pet carrier (Petster) and now have one for my R12GS because the dog still likes to ride about as much as I do. You can't beat Bagster for quality. The red one for the K12 still looks like new and is for sale if anyone's interested as I no longer have the K. I'm pretty anal about the my bikes and have never seen any sign of paint damage what-so-ever from the bagster. When not carrying the dog I use a Cortech Mini with the bagster. Works great.

Jim
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 2006, 6:46 am

I've got the zebra tank cover and looks great on the bike. Also have a set of tank bags I forget what model (one small one large )that zi one on top of the other or can be used individually. Most times I ride with the smaller one (electrified) but on long trips I insatll both.

Bought mine directly from my dealer and had no problem with bagster.

Eric
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 2006, 8:19 am Thread Starter
Riding in company

Well, I think we're agreed that their website is one world-class stinker. Not what you'd call much of a marketing tool. I saw the Bagster at the New York show and liked it a lot. The bag on display was the Athena, which looked pretty nice and the vendor said that you can lie down on the thing, which is something I'm looking for. FWIW, I was given a brochure which is similarly worthless...very pretty and devoid of any useful information. The US rep might do well to put up a site of his own. Thanks for your replies.

BillA
Jersey Shore
K1200RS '04
BSA Victor '68ish
Club Car golf cart '92
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 2006, 8:23 am

I was given a catalogue (can't remember if it was in French or English) at the Montreal show two years ago, that was quite usefull. I'll see if I can find it I can mail it to you if needed?

Eric
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 2006, 9:00 am

Their web site does lack luster, but I needed a few extra straps and hooks and contact the US rep in the mid-west for them. He sent them out asap w/out an invoice. I called to see what the charges and where and he said "ride safely"!

No that's service.

I have the red bagster with the matching tank bag. Bag is a bit too large for every day riding, so the with the extra hooks and snaps, I'm going to convert my smaller Marsee to connect to the bagster.

Do a search as I posted pix a while back. Great Bag and look!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 2006, 10:32 am
Enthusiast

Aprons!

What about aprons. Never seen that before, looks warm and dry. I wonder how hard it would flap at 100mph.

Wow I didn't know BMW made motorcycles, Yeah I think Honda does too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode