Will R1150 Rocster Wheels fit my '98K1200RS - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2013, 10:09 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Will R1150 Rocster Wheels fit my '98K1200RS

Hello Fellow K-Riders
New to the site but a lot great folks and info are displayed here.

I wanted to ask if it is possible to put a set of rims from a '03 R1150 (R model I think) on a '98 K1200RS ?

Reason I ask is my rims are bent on my new to me '98 Yellow K1200RS. It is now running fine after a complete fuel system clean-out after sitting since '04 but I am going to need to get some rims to get her back on the road.

Thanks for any help on this,
texaspete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 2013, 4:03 pm
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspete
Hello Fellow K-Riders
New to the site but a lot great folks and info are displayed here.

I wanted to ask if it is possible to put a set of rims from a '03 R1150 (R model I think) on a '98 K1200RS ?

Reason I ask is my rims are bent on my new to me '98 Yellow K1200RS. It is now running fine after a complete fuel system clean-out after sitting since '04 but I am going to need to get some rims to get her back on the road.

Thanks for any help on this,
texaspete
Possibly.

It looks likely that the front will - but the rear is a 5.5" (which could prove problematic) - however they share a lot of parts in common - looking at and comparing part numbers. Your best bet would be to email either BMW or a reputable dealer/breaker for a definitive answer
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 2013, 10:42 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Will R1150 Rocster Wheels fit my '98K1200RS

Thank you Motobiker for shooting me a reply,

Yes you are right on a path to follow.

The guy that had the cheap R1150R wheelset did not really know what would have been needed to do the swap. Or was hoping it would be easy. My thicker cast ABS2 ring would not have done very well on his wheels that are set up for the thinner stamped sensor ring, pedestals would have been too long I think. Even if I got the thinner ring to go on the 2003 iABS wheels I would have had alignment issues with my caliper, I believe.

I have had a blast just working on the bike over the last 3 weeks, I like the way the parts on these Beemers are machined as I am used to tractor parts.. err sorry Harley Davidson castings. After all items in contact with the 2004 fuel left in the bike were remediated/rebuilt she fired righ up and is purring like a kitten. Got a battery, some new tires, will hunt down some rims and will be breezin in Central Texas shortly. Best Regards To You, texaspete

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode