Has anyone had the problem of the engine heat blowing out bottom of fairing and
making one's feet hot? Is there such a thing as any kind of heat shield or
deflectors whereby one may keep the heat off the feet? Just got an '03 Kgt
and love the bike but we're not into the hot season yet and cannot imagine
how bad it might be in July and August.

I live in middle Tennessee at the beginning of the Cumberland Plateau and we
have some mighty fine roads in this area and on into the mountains of east
Tennessee and west N.C. The H.O.G group met here last year and liked it
so well that they plan to do it again next year is my understanding.

Y'all come on down.

#2 ·
I only ride with real moto boots and have never had an issue with heat on my feet on any of my bricks, I have no idea if wearing something other than motoboots might allow more heat onto the feet. I always have the balls of my feet on the pegs. I also always wear a 'Stitch over my regular clothes, regardless of weather. With that, I do not get the heat effect on my calves either. I have had that issue a time or two when riding in jeans on a day in the upper 90's, backs of my calves got all red and bumpy like a heat rash. Hence, the riding suit all the time now. We don't have your humidity, but central valley heat in the 100-115 range means you need to wear something to keep the heat off you.

#4 ·
A lot of heat is stored in the CAT. On a standard bike there is a heat deflector just above the shifter - is yours fitted?

I am not over enthusiatic about aftermarket conversions, but if you are riding in high temperatures a lot, it might be worth thinking about one of the aftermarket muffler replacements which do away with the CAT. But remember your bike may not pass emission tests now or at any time in the future if you have them.

These systems are lighter, sound better (to some) and less metal/no CAT means less heat stored.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.