Z Technik Short Windshield - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 2013, 10:07 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Z Technik Short Windshield

I installed a Z Technik short dark tinted windscreen this evening. I pulled the trigger on this after reading thread after thread on this and many different sites. First thing I should state is I am 6'2" with a 33" inseam. Longish Torso.

I bought my 2004 K1200GT last year. I finally determined that it came with a Cee Bailey windshield and I received the stock in the box. The Cee is huge(look at my avatar). The Pros of the Cee is that it blocks a lot of air. The Cons are it looks questionable, it does give some dirty air at the top of my head and the fit and finish are below that of the bike.

So I tried the stocker to start this year. It went on like it was made for the bike . Looked decent. Put me in all sorts of dirty air at eye level in up and chin area when down. Not acceptable.

Put on the Z Tech. It is very small but does fit well into the mounts. It does not pull down tight in the down position but still looks very good. The 30 mile ride I did was fantastic. It was very windy on the ride about 30 mph out of the south. I rode east to west and did get pushed around a bit when it gusted higher. The windshield experience was great. The air was consistent and clean. I had earplugs in but I am not sure if they would have been necessary, probably for long miles though. Another benefit of this windshield is that it made me lighter on the handlebars as the air hits in the shoulder and chest area. Not uncomfortably but enough to help me maintain a proper posture on the bike. I also felt like I had more respect for the speeds that the bike churns out. Again, this was not uncomfortable or white knuckle just more sensation of the speed with this small windscreen. It also helped to get more air with the heat as it was 88 degrees on my ride.

I am posting a pic from the garage. Will put up a better one later. Seems like a great shield for the taller rider, especially for the 65+ weather. I will also comment again as the summer goes on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0566[1].JPG
Views:	73
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	14196  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode