Hyperpro spring upgrade - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 2014, 7:13 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Hyperpro spring upgrade

I really did not want to invest 1200 and up to change what I thought were poor dampers. I noticed that the Hyperpro spring only upgrade was very well regarded over on the LT forum.
Got in touch with Klaus at epmperf.com and he hooked me up with the springs for my weight and riding style (more sport than touring and 6'4" 220 pounds).
Winter has lifted and the newly sprung K1200GT is finally back on the road with the new springs! Wow. What a difference. My bike has 16,000 miles on it and the problem was apparently not the shocks. I can tell you that these Hyperpro springs transformed the GT without replacing the shocks. The bike went from a easily bottoming mushy bike to a firm great handling bike.
My last Sport Touring bike was a Ducati ST4S with Ohlins rear and revalved Ohlins front fork so I know what a great handling sport touring bike is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 2014, 7:33 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by todcp
I really did not want to invest 1200 and up to change what I thought were poor dampers. I noticed that the Hyperpro spring only upgrade was very well regarded over on the LT forum.
Got in touch with Klaus at epmperf.com and he hooked me up with the springs for my weight and riding style (more sport than touring and 6'4" 220 pounds).
Winter has lifted and the newly sprung K1200GT is finally back on the road with the new springs! Wow. What a difference. My bike has 16,000 miles on it and the problem was apparently not the shocks. I can tell you that these Hyperpro springs transformed the GT without replacing the shocks. The bike went from a easily bottoming mushy bike to a firm great handling bike.
My last Sport Touring bike was a Ducati ST4S with Ohlins rear and revalved Ohlins front fork so I know what a great handling sport touring bike is.
I also saw the guys on the K1200LT web site talking highly about these spring upgrade.

A few questions, if I may:
1) Did you upgrade both front and rear shock ?
2) Did he suggest using the "progressive" springs ?
3) part number and prices for each spring (front , rear) ?

Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John (Montreal, CANADA)
K1200RS (2002 IceBlue/Red - 96,000 miles)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 2014, 8:22 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor
I also saw the guys on the K1200LT web site talking highly about these spring upgrade.

A few questions, if I may:
1) Did you upgrade both front and rear shock ?
2) Did he suggest using the "progressive" springs ?
3) part number and prices for each spring (front , rear) ?

Thank you!
Good questions.

1. Front and rear springs.
2. The Hyperpro is a progressive spring. (they do make a linear spring if you prefer but they recommended the progressive for my application)
3. The front and rear "combo" kit is part #SP-BM12-SSL023. Price for pair is 269.
He also attached, to the Hyperpro manual, a sheet with the range of how to set the rear preload and rebound damper for my use and weight.
I recommend calling to review weight and riding style.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 2014, 5:48 am
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by todcp
Good questions.

1. Front and rear springs.
2. The Hyperpro is a progressive spring. (they do make a linear spring if you prefer but they recommended the progressive for my application)
3. The front and rear "combo" kit is part #SP-BM12-SSL023. Price for pair is 269.
He also attached, to the Hyperpro manual, a sheet with the range of how to set the rear preload and rebound damper for my use and weight.
I recommend calling to review weight and riding style.
Great!
Thanks for reply.

John (Montreal, CANADA)
K1200RS (2002 IceBlue/Red - 96,000 miles)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode