It's been a while since I posted here but i desperatly need help from the iABS gurus (ABS III). I've read quite a bit about the problem here and other forums, but no luck.
Bike is k1200RS 2002 (iABS almost 100% sure)
- gen warning on, abs flash at 4hz
- startup diagnostic runs fine
- rollout is normal, no fault
- no fault under light braking
- Medium or Hard braking or use of rear brake triggers fault code above
- Pull the front brake, abs pump whirls
- Press the rear brake lever, nothing
- Fault codes appeared a while back (slow abs flash)
- bike was dropped right hand side (brake lever sides), foot lever seriously bent, hand lever broken off
- bent foot lever back in place, replaced hand lever, had to adjust because pump was staying always on.
- Just noticed something new this morning. After flushing front brake system, I moved on to rear and did not hear the pump come on when foot brake is depressed, it worked yesterday. Light smoke appeared (i KNOW
What i have checked.
- Brand new battery, yuasa 51913 12v 19ah, fully charge, gives off 13.5v cold
- topped off fluid in both circuits
- rear brake light is OK
- Both lever switch checked.. OK
- Disconnected battery for an hour, reconnect, throttle reset
- Oil is really dark, black in the rear circuit
This does not look good.. The front circuit seems to operat normally, but the rear seems out of comission. Any thoughts?