Brake Lines - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 2014, 3:37 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Brake Lines

I was doing maintenance on my 2000 k1200rs and while bleeding the brake fluid I ruptured the front brake line ( in the pictures) and I wanted to ask if some of you have replaced your brake lines and with what ? stock ? SS braided ? This Monday I am going to see if a local company can make all of the hoses in braided SS . They made a longer hose for me when I put some bar backs on it ( I think it was about $30).The manifold in the pic is what could be hard to duplicate . So how much $$$ did you pay for your SS braided brake lines ? I will post my results on this .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0277.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	16569   Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0277.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	16577   Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0276.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	16585   Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0278.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	16593  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2014, 2:28 am
cws

Just put a Spiegler SS braided kit on my LT, includes the T-Junction, new washers, etc etc, all pre-made to correct length. Around US $245 + shipping.
Will do the same on the GT when I think it needs it.
May need to talk to them about longer lines for bar backs, but some bar backs come with a Spiegler replacement line to fit so should be available.

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT
2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Aug 20th, 2014, 1:27 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

not made here

I went to 3 places that makes all kinds of high pressure hoses and no one had a T fitting to use on it , so it looks like I will order a spiegler set , the hose that has the T in it is $125 alone from BMW .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 2014, 3:45 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Galfer Brake Lines

I went with the clear coated stainless colored lines , they are less expensive . The longer front master cylinder was $30 more because it is long to start with they said , mine is 12 and 1/4 inches or 311mm , and they did make it to my length , $222 or near it delivered , with all new nice stainless banjo bolts , nice !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0294.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	16681  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 2014, 4:03 am
Addict

I fitted a Goodridge set which came with a stainless Tee block for the front.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 2014, 9:52 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Galfer Brake Lines Fitting

I put the galfer lines on the 2000 K1200RS today , I used a vacuum system to pull the new dot4 brake fluid in past the ABS BLEED's then the front and rear . I want to share that the front lines going to the calipers were each at least 1/8 inch short , I wanted to share this ( making a point ) , I did manage to pull the right bracket down a bit and the left side has a rubber grommet that it fits into so it made it hard to tighten the top of the braided line to the hard line that goes over the front fender . In the original banjo bolt on the rear caliper there was what looked like deteriorated brake line shit , so if that rear feels a little spongy it is probably a old line , it feels better now .
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2014, 4:04 pm
Addict

I think there are small gripes with all the kits, but I don't hear too many bad things about Spiegeler or Goodridge. These kits do have variables. I thought my rear line in the Goodridge kit was a little too long - but I suppose that is better than too short! The important front lines to the splitter were spot on.

The big question with stainless steel banjo fittings is what washers the kits came with. Mine came with copper, but I don't think that is electrochemically compatible with ali master cylinders. Which is why BMW use ali crush washers. Food for thought!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 2014, 1:22 pm
Addict

Spieglers on my 2002KRS and fit like a champ, no problems.

Jim S.
* Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2014, 5:26 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxmagna
I think there are small gripes with all the kits, but I don't hear too many bad things about Spiegeler or Goodridge. These kits do have variables. I thought my rear line in the Goodridge kit was a little too long - but I suppose that is better than too short! The important front lines to the splitter were spot on.

The big question with stainless steel banjo fittings is what washers the kits came with. Mine came with copper, but I don't think that is electrochemically compatible with ali master cylinders. Which is why BMW use ali crush washers. Food for thought!
Well my 2000 k1200rs had copper crush washers , and my 97 r1100rt has copper crush washers too .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode