Left Side System Case - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 2006, 6:33 am Thread Starter

Left Side System Case

My beautiful new [to me] K1200RS has a left side system case with a badly gouged cover. Is it possible to replace only the cover from BMW? Approximate cost?

Are all recent R and K BMW system case covers [not City] identical? It appears they are the same on my 1996 R1100RSL as the 2002 K1200RS. This would help as I watch Ebay auctions etc.

Marc
Prescott AZ
2008 K1200S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 2006, 7:17 am Thread Starter

I think I see now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrouse
My beautiful new [to me] K1200RS has a left side system case with a badly gouged cover. Is it possible to replace only the cover from BMW? Approximate cost?

Are all recent R and K BMW system case covers [not City] identical? It appears they are the same on my 1996 R1100RSL as the 2002 K1200RS. This would help as I watch Ebay auctions etc.
I've answered my own question by reviewing the parts catalog fiche on the Max BMW site. The cover has a part number 46542317615 and it is the same as the part number for my 1996 R1100RSL. $131.

So I guess the search begins with facts in hand.

Marc
Prescott AZ
2008 K1200S
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 10th, 2006, 9:50 pm

BMW's might be expensive, but as customers, we have a great thing going for us in accessoriy functionality and life cycle availability. They have a good design for a case lid, use it on many of their bikes, and is available some years after bike production. Only HD comes close.

Good luck on your search.

Ron

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode