10 05 K12RS's available in the US - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 1:20 am Thread Starter

10 05 K12RS's available in the US

FYI, in case you're curious...I was as the dealer today where I was looking at K12GT last week. It had sold and I mentioned that I hadn't seen a K12RS in there (but they've got lots of the new K12S's...). Anyway, the salesman jumped on the computer and found that there are no GTs left in the US warehouse (may be some at dealerships somewhere) and there are 10 RS's left, all in Capri Blue for somewhere in the Mid $17k range.

Cheers,
Jerry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 2:32 am

I believe only canada had 05 models (which included a sweet looking sliver version), they are likely 04's. I know when I bought my GT back in June, they had no 04's in blue with cruise (called 5 different dealers across the US to check). Local dealer ended up getting one shipped up from Atlanta.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 8:31 am
Addict

capri blue

the capri blue is the worst color imaginable besides pink for the RS or any other motorcycle. the reason there are 10 capri blue RS's left is because nobody wants the color and who can blame them. if i were looking for an RS it wouldn't be capri blue and i wouldn't pay 17 grenad for one when i can buy a brand new "S" for the same. still for those that like that color more power to you its just not the color for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 8:41 am

Thumbs up Blue is Best

Blue Blue Blue is the ultimate color. Red is for the girlie-man
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 8:58 am

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Haugen
Blue Blue Blue is the ultimate color. Red is for the girlie-man
Yeah? Wanna road-race sometime, man..

No current bike.
(previous: 01 K12RS (*RED*)

Bear
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 12:24 pm Thread Starter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcraft
the capri blue is the worst color imaginable besides pink for the RS or any other motorcycle. the reason there are 10 capri blue RS's left is because nobody wants the color and who can blame them. if i were looking for an RS it wouldn't be capri blue and i wouldn't pay 17 grenad for one when i can buy a brand new "S" for the same. still for those that like that color more power to you its just not the color for me.

I like a darker blue (see my avatar) but red works for me too. My son (age 5) recently said he really likes red when a red RS passed us on the road (in the SUV). I said "better than blue". He said "No, I like them both the same. You should get one of each." I like his thinking. :-) --Jerry
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 3:17 pm

BMW website

I am wondering whether BMW will "signal" when all '04 GT's & RS's are sold by removing them from their website. I am still amazed that the '04's bike are still featured there. Both K's and R's bikes.

Ron
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 7:44 pm
Riding in company

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfespinosa
I am wondering whether BMW will "signal" when all '04 GT's & RS's are sold by removing them from their website. I am still amazed that the '04's bike are still featured there. Both K's and R's bikes.

Ron

You think 0.9% financing with the first five payments free isn't an attempt to get the '04 year over with? Worked for me. And I think that Capri Blue is the prettiest color. :p

BillA
Jersey Shore
K1200RS '04
BSA Victor '68ish
Club Car golf cart '92
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 9:14 pm

Actually I recently saw a BMW sales brochure that listed both 2004 and 2005 models. The GT as the 2004 and the K12S as the 2005. It was a little strange to see and this was only a few weeks ago. The dealer had a big stack of them.

If anyone is looking for a bike I'd wait until December. Last year I picked up my 2004 GT new and it was loaded with all the goodies for $13990 out the door. There may be some aggressive deals come December. It must have been an attempt to up the numbers for 2004 because the dealer raised the price back up as soon as the new year hit.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 10:11 pm

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcraft

Capri Blue is an awesome color for the RS.

Mark

'03 K1200RS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode