Whats your Top Speed? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 1:53 am Thread Starter
Noob

Whats your Top Speed?

Hi Guys,

Not to consider this as rev-head but just want to see what other RS riders got upto.

Just before my 02 K12RS (3 stripes) reach 60k mark I nailed the beast to see how far I got up to on the dial while at the same time, teasing the Yamaha R1 on a big long stretch. ( I left R1 behind quite easily ). Mind you this is not on the air strip but on a main highway and had to avoid obsitcles (tin-top) and I got up to 250K and run out of road and tin-top car infront of me changed lane and had to let my ABS busy... If I were given clear stretch, I would have got up to abit more.

Cheers,
Theticus

http://bmwmcq.asn.au/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 4:40 am
BWS

Maybe not the answer you're looking for but...............here in the twistys I rarely exceed a ton.Now mind you that may very well be in a 35mph rty.Its just that sh*t can happen so fast here in the mnts. that I've found a ton to be sorta a nice limit.

Best of luck,drag a peg.........BW
post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 7:25 am
Addict

i've had my 03 RS up to 130 mph and had plenty of throttle left but decided to back off when i started to think about deer, racoons, debris, a tire blow out. the RS is a great bike and at a buck 30 the RS fekt solid, no vibration, no drift and i was not being beaten up by the wind. i'm sure had i not chickened out i would have been able to hit 150 maybe a little more.

Last edited by wellcraft; Oct 16th, 2005 at 10:48 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 8:14 am
Enthusiast

Ton and a Half!!

I have hit an indicated of 150 on the speedometer, my Garmi GPS showed 146. I did this out on I-80 across the Great Salt Desert. I should have stayed out of 6th gear, maybe I could have brike the ton and half point. I did have my GPS show one run at 596mph through Los Angeles financial district, dang fast day, oops maybe reflected signals off of those tall glass buildings.
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 8:22 am

Talking Fastest speed.......

I have had my K12GT at 140 and she definately had more to go. I was a bad boy, and still had hard bags on. Plus, not bad for a 375 lb., 6'2" man. It consistently hits 110-120 when she leaves the garage, not for long, just a couple good straightaways. Have to watch out for woodchucks, not only running across road(s) but driving cages.
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 8:24 am

162 indicated. I have a laser chip (extra hole in airbox as instructed) and a 2Brothers exhaust system allowing 9.7k R's; it was about 9.3-9.4k that I hit that speed. I did this 2 yrs ago in VA at one of the i-bmw rallies on a split two lane HY, down hill. The bike was rock solid! I was able to read both instrument gauges without any excessive vibration.

I love my Red K..

No current bike.
(previous: 01 K12RS (*RED*)

Bear
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 8:27 am

Did I mention that I was 235lbs and am 6'2"?

No current bike.

Bear
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 8:35 am
Throttle Jockey

Quote:
did this 2 yrs ago in VA at one of the i-bmw rallies on a split two lane HY, down hill.
BRPR 2004... Peter P, Terry Ward and I were behind you watching your ass disappear.
post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 8:42 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickd
BRPR 2004... Peter P, Terry Ward and I were behind you watching your ass disappear.
Ah, thanks for the time reference and witness. Time isn't fly'n as fast as I thought, only the Mighty K!

I'm glad that you didn't say 'big' ass, because that part isn't. lol

No current bike.

Bear
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 10:57 am

OK, OK, I had to re-adjust my thinking cap (at least I remembered the yr). No, it wasn't VA that I did that 162, though I think it was about 155 there on a straight part of the HY-81 with some to spare. I did it at "SSR3" 2 yrs ago in VT, one of the best times I had with Vic. 'The Man' rocks, and that is a fact! The memories..now that I remember them.

Thanks for the gooD times Vic, and please be back soon, will ya?

Bear

No current bike.

Bear

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode