Trailer Hitch - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2006, 11:59 am Thread Starter
Addict

Trailer Hitch

Well, the boys at Uni-Go still have nothing for an RS in the hitch department. Does any one know of another company that makes a hitch for the 2002 K1200RS? Uni-Go does make adapters for other hitch manufacturers. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jim S.
* Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2006, 2:47 pm
Veteran

not sure but isnt it the same as an gt ?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2006, 4:31 pm Thread Starter
Addict

Gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAK04GT
not sure but isnt it the same as an gt ?
I would imagine it's the same. I'm not a betting man, but I would bet on that one. You have a lead?

Jim S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2006, 7:10 pm

I'm fairly certain the original Uni-Go manufacturer stopped building the RS hitch because it would contact and possibly break the adjusting knob on the base of the shock. Cousi had this happen on his bike and notified them. When I inspected mine I saw some rub marks from mild contact on the hitch and also notified them. I used a ball peen hammer to gain some clearance. No problems since, and I pull a fairly large Bunkhouse trailer.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2006, 3:37 am
Veteran

There are several others in the same boat as you. One, asked to borrow mine to have a machine shop make a few, but then was told by the people at Uni-go that they would be producing them soon. Have you contacted them directly?

02 K12RS (Molested)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2006, 12:28 pm Thread Starter
Addict

Hitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousi
Have you contacted them directly?
I am in constant contact with Jay Schwantes of Uni-Go. In fact when on their site, and you click the "contact us" link, he is the only one to speak to. As of yesterdays contact with Jay, he is going to let me know what's up after he talks to the factory. I've been pretty patient with the whole thing but it's coming down to crunch time. I hate to give any company $800.00 to hold for three months until they get things together. I'm going to vent here just this once on the subject.
I think it's a shame when you, as a customer, stands and waves money in a vendors face for them to take and they make you wait. I'm being patient because they are new at this and are based in my home State of Ohio, and Jay is from my present State of NC. One pisser is I found a company that has a hitch, their in Austrailia and the shipping alone adds $115.00 the the cost. DANG!!

Jim S.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2006, 2:49 pm
Veteran

We can accommodate nearly all bikes, but if we have difficulty in your particular model, you will be contacted to discuss options. Please inquire to the availability of a hitch that may not be listed. We can probably locate your model bike for the construction of a new hitch. PLEASE NOTE: Our hitches are designed around stock configurations. If you have installed after-market accessories that impeded installation of the hitch, it is your responsibility to verify hitch clearance. This includes unusual pipe mounting, saddlebags and wide tires. ...this is what i found....i would nt think it would be so hard to make a hitch...thats what they do....but who knows....good luck.....i thought i went to this site and saw a hitch for the gt a while back but now its not there....same as the rs...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 2006, 5:29 am Thread Starter
Addict

Woo-hoo!

Here is the latest from Uni-Go, I received it Wed. 03-29-06, approx. 1:30pm. :p Jay and the boys at Uni-Go are on it.

"Jim – a reply I got today stated that Uni-Go now has a K1200RS hitch – but I have not gotten a part number nor an image of it yet – I am actively pursuing it though… thought I would tell you as soon as I heard that. More when I get it."

Jay P. Schwantes
American Uni-Go Motorcycle Trailers
Tel & Fax: (919) 309-9569
http://Uni-Go.us

Jim S.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode