Looking for Help - Autocom install in Schubert C2 helmet - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 2006, 5:37 am Thread Starter
ten

Looking for Help - Autocom install in Schubert C2 helmet

I started to install the autocom in a new C2. I removed the 2 screws that supposedly hold in the cheek pads but I'm not able to separate the pads from the helmet to get access to the liner. I've looked over the autocom fitment instructions but I've found no other suggestions. I had no problem installing the autocom in my old C1. Does anyone have suggestion on how to loosen the cheek pads?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 2006, 10:16 pm

C2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
I started to install the autocom in a new C2. I removed the 2 screws that supposedly hold in the cheek pads but I'm not able to separate the pads from the helmet to get access to the liner. I've looked over the autocom fitment instructions but I've found no other suggestions. I had no problem installing the autocom in my old C1. Does anyone have suggestion on how to loosen the cheek pads?
If you go to the autocomuk website they have a fitment procedure for the C2. Unfortunately, I don't have the exact link but I think I got the info from this site so you should do a search. However, the information is from Autocom and not Schuberth (Fairchild Ind). Fairchild will tell you that if you mess with the helmet it will void the warranty. Anyway, it is the same as the concept where you take out the two small torx screws that you are talking about. In the C2 instructions, it says to remove the rectangular plastic cover on the outside (it would be opposite or below your ear lobe and is about an inch by 1/2 inch) and remove those two phillips screws under the cover...that is the first step. The cover over the phillips screws is just a snap fit so use your fingernail etc but don't scratch anything. For whatever reason, the cheek pad will come loose after taking the outside screws loose(they hold the chin bar "stud" in place)...after you take the two small torx screws loose. I do not see why that made a difference but it did. You still have to push the cheek pad in different directions to break it loose. It is still held pretty tight by the chin strap running thru it and the top of the cheek pad (toward the top of your head) has a tongue that fits into a slot and it has to come free.

After you do get the cheek pad loose you can get to the other stuff but I gotta tell ya...it's a bitch. I didn't mount the speakers since I use ear monitors but just putting in the mic was a royal pain. They have you run the speaker boom thru the chin strap hole since it will no longer go between the padding and the helmet. The skull liner is held in with velcro so just pull it out(actually take the liner out as the first step because it will be easier to see what you are doing). The rear neck band pulls out of a channel and there is a "wire end" the sticks thru a hole at each end...just like the concept. Just pull the neck band out and run your speaker wire for the opposite ear behind it.

Use a lot of light and you may want to take the face shield off to avoid scratching it during your labor. Above all...have patience. After you get it installed...putting it back together is worse...no kidding. getting the screws to line up...well, you know what I mean...

Good luck and enjoy the many beers you will need during this little exercise

Doug

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode