Ztechnik SHORT windshield owners, I have a question - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 9:38 pm Thread Starter

Ztechnik SHORT windshield owners, I have a question

Hi Guys,

I have attached two pictures to my post, one is my 1200GT and the other is another members 1200RS, I have noticed that most pictures that I have seen of the Ztechnik short windshield have been mounted on RS bikes not GT's (Understandably).

My question is..... notice how flush the windsheild fits on the RS. Now notice how on my GT the windshield doesn't follow the lines of the bikes upper nose ferring as well as it does on the RS. Is the better fittment because the RS windshield is manual? I notice that Ztechnik advertises the windshield as a replacement for the RS not GT.

Is my picture the best fittment I can hope for on a GT or should I mess with it....but there does not seem to be any adjustment points.

Anyone have experience with this issue?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	me.jpg
Views:	1082
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	86   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0013.jpg
Views:	1082
Size:	648.7 KB
ID:	87  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 9:43 pm
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxercupNowell
Hi Guys,

I have attached two pictures to my post, one is my 1200GT and the other is another members 1200RS, I have noticed that most pictures that I have seen of the Ztechnik short windshield have been mounted on RS bikes not GT's (Understandably).

My question is..... notice how flush the windsheild fits on the RS. Now notice how on my GT the windshield doesn't follow the lines of the bikes upper nose ferring as well as it does on the RS. Is the better fittment because the RS windshield is manual? I notice that Ztechnik advertises the windshield as a replacement for the RS not GT.

Is my picture the best fittment I can hope for on a GT or should I mess with it....but there does not seem to be any adjustment points.

Thanks
I suspect it may have something to do with the electric windscreen option that's on the GT...but I have to say I'm guessing

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 11:39 pm

Smile Sounds right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razel
I suspect it may have something to do with the electric windscreen option that's on the GT...but I have to say I'm guessing
I think you've hit the nail on the head.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 2005, 10:05 am

I use a stock RS screen (tinted) on my GT during the summer and the fit is perfect. Therefore, not sure why the ZTechnic screen should fit one better than the other. My understanding is that all the parts are interchangeable. The only difficulty I've encountered is that because of the location of the GT's electric windscreen motor, I couldn't use the Ohlin electronic front shock whereas the RS can.

I know that doesn't answer your question!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 2005, 10:41 am

Quote:
Hi Guys,

My question is..... notice how flush the windshield fits on the RS. Now notice how on my GT the windshield doesn't follow the lines of the bikes upper nose ferring as well as it does on the RS. Is the better fittment because the RS windshield is manual? I notice that Ztechnik advertises the windshield as a replacement for the RS not GT.

Thanks
I have the same shield on my GT and love it in the summer, and it does the same thing. It probably does have something to do w' it being electric but it also has something to do w' the stock shield being heavier and that it was designed to have a lot more air pressure applied to it. I also took the two fairing pieces off so it doesn't look quite as bad as yours.

Last edited by bigbenton; Oct 17th, 2005 at 11:21 am.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 2005, 12:13 pm

Thumbs down

Yes, there is a gap as seen here on my ex- 04GT
Think its the motor that has to do with it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SHORT SCREEN ON GT.JPG
Views:	442
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	100  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 2005, 12:17 pm
No bogey's twist wrist

ztechnik

The short Ztech is not cut out for the handguards on the GT and does overlap them a little. I found a scotchbrite wheel mounted on my bench grinder modifies windshields quite handily. Just modified my Parabellum to clear the handguards for the winter and plan on doing the ztechnik next. I used it all summer though un modified here is a picture of that will post the modification on it later on.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ztech.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	101  

If it's got curves ride it.
life member NRA, GOA and Tennessee Firearms Owners Association.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2007, 11:10 am

Wow, I just got my ZTechnik dark shorty for my 03 GT and I have the EXACT same problem...the gaps around the edges of the windscreen are larger on one side and pretty large to begin with....what did you finally end up doing? I am thinking about returning mine because I hate the look of the assymetry of the mounting.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2007, 11:16 am
Noob

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks
I am new to the RS/GT world. Soforgive what might be obvious. What seat is that on your gt?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2007, 12:54 pm
Addict

Fitment

Did you ever put his shield on your bike? May be just a molding flaw. What town is that in the background? Pretty shot.

Jim S.
* Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode