K1200RS Cover - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2016, 3:01 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

K1200RS Cover

Question.

What is the best (FULL) size of Nelson Rigg cover for the K1200RS?

S, M, L? I'm assuming XL is too big.

Thanks, CK

"What size cover is on your K1200RS?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2016, 8:43 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

No one knows?

No one knows what size I need?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2016, 5:43 am
Veteran

My experience is if you want it to look good and fit right go with a cover made for the make and model, if you don't care what it looks like just get the X large, it will cover it just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2016, 4:18 pm

Depends on if you're looking for an indoor or outdoor cover. For indoor covers, I've always liked GEZA GEAR | Stretch Fit Custom Motorcycle Covers as their covers are a nice tight fit.

For outdoors, Nelson Rigg or Dowco Large should do it. Whatever size they recommend for "large sport touring with windshield" models.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2016, 6:45 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks to all for the information. CK
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2016, 6:07 pm
Addict

I've never seen a full thread discussion on covers and it's a challenging problem when you first meet it because few suppliers seem to be able to describe the dimensions of a cover.

I need an outside cover. I have a permanently fitted top case and occasionally go away with side cases. That requires a huge cover. Then there is this frustrating problem of rain water drainage. Water will lie on the top, the cover will sag and create pools of water. Some covers are thin nylon type, very water proof but hold water like fish tanks. Then there's the disaster that struck my bike. Parked outside in a strong wind on the side stand, it got under the cover which ballooned like a parachute and pulled the bike over causing much tipover damage. No covers I've seen sew in a vent flap to let air through.

I solved the water run off problem by cutting a length of plastic gutter to form a ridge support on the screen and top box. Sizewise I'm using cheap chinese XXL at the moment whatever that means, but I have to wait for the muffler can to cool down. The only range of covers I've seen with a technical dimension spec. are those made by Oxford. But their branding on the side is a bit in your face. The best outside cover I used was a size tailored soft cotton tarp type fabric, but they rot after 4 years. They are heavy enough to keep their shape as they absorb some water and breath.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2016, 1:58 pm
Addict

Tourmaster makes a good cover that's waterproof, has protection from hot pipes, and a strap that runs under the bike. Waterproof is obvious, heat protection means that the cover can be used right after a ride, and the strap (plus elastic at the front and back) means the cover stays on. Win, win, and win. Yes, I have one. No, I don't sell them or work for Tourmaster, RevZilla, etc.

Not all who wander are lost. Which still leaves room for more than a few lost wanderers...

Red Flash - '03 K1200RS, lightly farkled

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode