ABS III Issues With Codes
I have been searching around and found a lot of information but nothing that speaks to the codes my scanner is showing. So I heard you guys were the experts.
Long story short. 2005 K1200
1. Bike was fine when parked.
2. Battery got low so I put it on a crappy charger that may have over charged the system (over voltage).
3. Upon restart of bike the ABS motor runs non stop and brakes are on full assist when you try to use them, no ABS action just lock up.
4. Tried new battery, bleeding system, etc.
5. What I notice with the codes seems to be that the ABS unit is not responding and the other units all have "CAN timeout" errors. The tailight and brake switch errors seem to be false, I think related to not being able to talk to the CAN Bus? ANY help HIGHLY appreciated, I would rather fix this then buy the $2500 ABS unit.
Here are the codes present:
ABS / DSC / Brake:
ABS / ABS
ECU not present/no response from ECU
Kombi-Instrument / Instrument cluster
:Taillight openload or short circuit to Ubatt / CAN Time Out ABS / ID failure ABS_1
:Taillight cc to GND / Time Out - CAN / ID ABS_2 failure (speed message)
Zentrale Fahrzeug Elektronik / Central vehicle electronics
Foot brake switch Short to earth
CAN Time Out ABS
Last edited by turbosetch; Apr 19th, 2017 at 12:33 am.