Carbon Can under seat - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2017, 9:04 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Carbon Can under seat

When installing a new battery the (wonderful) people at Batteries + broke one of the nipples on the Carbon Canister under the seat at the back of the battery AND forgot to tell me that it happened.

The nipple they broke is on the front of the canister. One goes to the gas tank one goes to the Pulse Valve.

The one they broke is the one to the Pulse Valve. The hose can no longer be attached to the canister. So the Pulse Valve is no longer attached to the carbon canister.

Can the bike be ridden without the Pulse Valve attached to the carbon canister?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2017, 12:10 am

I wouldn't let anyone put a -not-very-inexpensive (AGM?) battery in anything. Sorry.

One accidental short cuts the life of the battery. When I was showing the next owner of my R100RS nekkid the AGM battery I installed and fabbed the bizarre spacer he was a little apprehensive of the tape job I did. It was pretty NOT.

Pretty much totally avoided the possibility of shorting, with a let's say, hasty jumper cable hookup. I used tastefully selected Red masking tape and then explained why I did what I did.

I suggest beating them about the head and shoulders until you achieve satisfaction.

Greg

*** FWIW, Batteries Plus also had on the shelf the proper battery for my K1300GT which I could not find online. I most happily whipped out my money and paid their fare..

'09 K1300 GT
Fortune favors the prepared.

Last edited by Rager; May 22nd, 2017 at 12:16 am.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2017, 8:02 pm

I know the canister can be completely removed, so I don't think you have too much of a problem. Do a search for "canisterectomy" or something like that and it should give you instructions on what to do with the hoses after the canister is removed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode