ABS modulator repair success anybody? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 28th, 2017, 11:13 pm Thread Starter
Noob

ABS modulator repair success anybody?

My 98 K12RS has the ABS lights flashing and it's been diagnosed as having a modulator/electrical problem. I've been told by a mechanic that they can be rebuilt for $400 and my question is has anyone had success in having these rebuilt? I understand there's only one company in US to get this done and turnaround is approximately 2 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 29th, 2017, 9:02 am

I've read good things about Module Masters in Idaho. As far as I know, they are the only "legit" ones that offer ABS rebuild services for motorcycles in the USA. Sadly, they seemed to have been unable to come up with a rebuild for the infamous "Servo ABS" units used on later K bikes, due to an inability to source parts for it. That doesn't apply to your 98 model. Let us know how it works out for you. https://modulemaster.com/rebuilds/
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 2017, 6:43 pm Thread Starter
Noob

I should get my scoot back this week or next and I'll post the results from the rebuild. I was hoping to get some feedback from others who had this done so if there's anyone out there let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 2017, 3:57 pm Thread Starter
Noob

ABS rebuild worked and brakes are once again as they should be. Unit was rebuilt by module masters
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 2017, 6:58 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Just got completed bike back and all is good. Had the work done by Austin Moto Works in Austin Texas and have nothing but good things to say about them. Replaced ABS modulator for $600 including $400 just for re build, replaced rear master cylinder and brake pads, changed all the fluids and checked over entire bike for a little over $1100. Very pleased with Steve the owner who kept me informed by text the whole time and I would highly recommend him to anyone with any age BMW. Mine is 19 years old and no stealership would touch it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode