K1200R 2005 Where to buy tools? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2018, 2:36 pm Thread Starter
Noob

K1200R 2005 Where to buy tools?

Okay I have looked everywhere and I cant seem to find some special tools I would like to have to do things such as, priming the oil circuit system, priming/burping the coolant system, and maybe perhaps browse a little see if I can find anything that would make working on a K bike easier. Also the coolant system, do I really need the special tool to fill and prime the system or can I just pour it in and crank the engine a couple times but also disconnecting the spark plug harness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2018, 4:25 pm
Rookie

Garage
Good luck with finding special tools on ebay..... i bought my clutch holder and crankshaft locking pin and guard them like a gold bar.

To prime the oil system you can use the radiator tool as well.... just dont suck with full vacuum force.

This is the vaccum tool for the radiator that i use.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F123118688273
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2018, 7:11 pm
Noob

I'll sell you my radiator tool for $50 and pay shipping. I used it once, then decided it was too much work for as infrequently as it's needed. Mike Cook [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2018, 7:50 am

Garage
You don't need a bunch of tools to do any of the fluids on your K-bikes. I have changed or had to drain the coolant many times in the 4 years I've had it. I do all my own work and I do a lot of it as I am a custom build freak. There is a simple burp sequence that's in the manual. I've never had any water pump or other coolant problems.

I think the factory likes to work up all these tools just to intimidate the customer out of doing their own work.

As for other more necessary tools like clutch basket pullers and motor locking pegs, I make my own. Beemer tends to at least show a picture of what is needed. I examine those, take measurements and fab the stuff up.

Compared to the pre '90s motorcycles, nowadays we are denied specs about the bikes themselves, the tools, everything. Just go try to find a wiring diagram for a current model. Recently I was trying to find the exact valve timing and lift of the 1200 and 1300 S cam; forget it. Everything's a big frigging secret now and I'd say BMW is the worst about it.

I'd like to see somebody take Beemer to court to make them up some of this info. At least make them release the diagrams and specs for bikes they discontinued like both K 1200 and 1300. They don't even build them anymore so whats the big God damned secret?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode