K1200RS ABS pump not stopp - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 2018, 2:45 am Thread Starter
Noob

K1200RS ABS pump not stopp

Hello,

I got this fault yesterday, the ABS pump keeps running even when the power is turned off. The only way I could stop it was by removing the battery cable. The warning lights flash slowly and alternating. - Does anyone have an idea what might the probable causes be? What first comes to mind is that the ABS relay may be broken/stuck. The worst scenario is that the ABS unit itself is broken. - Is there a way to disconnect the ABS unit power so that I could drive to service instead of calling a tow truck?- In the Clymer repair manual I can see a wiring schema (page 456) which shows an ABS cancel switch. Is this a switch one can use to stop the unit or is it something not meant to be accessed? This is the older ABS II Brembo system, the bike is from year 2000, the manufacturing model year is 1998.

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://www.bmw-bike-forum.info/view...p?f=82&t=60237
Creative production company

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 2018, 8:18 pm
Noob

I think your battery is failing and you need a new one.
Is it fully charged? Charge it ag ain with a known good charger. Is it less than three years old? And you dont live in a climate where it gets very cold or very hot

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode