Rear Suspension knock - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 2019, 3:51 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Rear Suspension knock

I have a knock in the rear suspension of my K120OGT.
Rear suspension compresses OK.
But when it reaches the bottom of the stroke and begins to come up is knocks and seems to jump an inch before the rebound kicks in.
The rebound comes up as normal thereafter.
No problem with the front.
Could it be the shock or a linkage bush?
Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 2019, 9:39 pm

Yes.

Or it could be something else.

Suggest to have someone sit on the bike and bounce it, while you look with a strong light up into the suspension bits. And listen for the exact location of the knock. Hint: can't see the upper end of the rear shock. You may have to get your tiny little fingers up there, but have your helper bounce gently until you know your fingers won't be squished. You may also have to remove the side fairing panels.

I'm in the middle of coil and plug replacement and the fairing side panels have to be off. Have been looking up into what's there and it's a little grimy and very close together.

Tags
k1200gt, rear suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode