Acceleration Vibration - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2020, 1:09 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Acceleration Vibration

I recently purchased a 2003 K1200GT. Nice, clean bike. Dealer thought the ABS pump needed to be replaced, it was just low fluid in the front brake circuit reservoir.

The bike has a distinct vibration in only 1st and lower speed 2nd gear during hard acceleration. Feels like possibly a driveline issue. Pulled the rear drive, pivot bearings good. Reinstalled (checked driveshaft phasing) with no difference. I've done my routine things when buying something used (all filters, fluids, plugs changed) with no help. Going down the road it is smooth, and full throttle acceleration in any other gear is perfectly smooth. I also do not notice any adverse vibrations during engine braking.

Anyone have anything like this before? My next course of action is to check the swingarm bearing adjustment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2020, 11:45 pm
Enthusiast

After you make sure the swing arm pivot pinon torque is correct, I'd suggest a fresh set of quality tires. The right side pinion is only like 9Nm. Careful tigntening up the locknut, don't move the pinon setting, mark it.

Mount Vernon, WA.
tire guy, I'll mount your tires.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode