Autocom and UHF Radios - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2005, 5:39 am Thread Starter
just saying hey

Autocom and UHF Radios

I have a Pro7Sports system and would like to know if anyone has connected different UHF radios to that recommended (e.g. ICOM) on the Autocom site?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2005, 10:27 am
Enthusiast

Cool Icom M7

I asked Autocom if I could use my ICOM M7 with the Pro 7 system. It would be a great combination. ICOM M7 is waterproof, VHF, has great range, and has a two prong plug in for BTB push to talk. I'll forward answer to you from Autocom.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 2005, 8:07 pm

FYI
I just found an alternative to autocom. Strangely it is called Motocomm and it seems to have adapters for everthing including my Yaesu VX-2B. For those who know Yaesu has some of the strangest keying and microphone circuits of all transceivers. Check it and the price out at motocomm.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 2005, 6:32 am

I use the Autocom with a Motorola UHF radio and it works just fine. Consider purchasing Autocom push to talk cable/switch which gives the flexibility to use vox (voice activation of the radio) or push to talk. As a result, you can communicate with an on-board passenger without automatically transmitting. I mounted that switch on the handgrip of my left handlebar. The radio is stored under my seat. And, with 2 watts of power, provides excellent range. This is used in conjunction with an XM radio input to the Autocom. When my 2-way radio receives a transmission, it lowers the volume of the XM by 1/2. If you purchase the right cable, you can also tie your cell phone into the Autocom. You set the phone to auto-answer and when a call comes in, it totally mutes the music. When the other party hangs up, your phone call is terminated and the music returns.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode