End of Days: Sold my RS Today.. - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2005, 6:41 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Unhappy End of Days: Sold my RS Today..

Geezz.. I felt so good this am when Jesse picked her up after driving all night from Ohio. After the test ride he had a smile from ear to ear.. which made ME happy to hand over the keys. Seemed like a good guy... worthy.

...but now that the day is all but gone I feel the pain.. kinda sick at my stomach.. a longing .. All I can say is.. I hope the new S is as good as most here swear it is. I have my doubts.

The bad news.. I have called 2 BMW dealers.. Bloodworth in Nashville and Touring Sport BMW in Greenville, SC. Told them what I want.. an 06 WITHOUT ABS but WITH the electric suspention and BOTH have told me that while BMW did already ship a few 06's into the US ...all are gone except for one bumblebee out in Kaleefornia.. and it has ABS but not the electric suspension. BOTH dealers tell me it will be 3 MONTHS before any more arrive in the US and that I'll have to order the bike to be built to my specs.. Geeeezz ... I need a bowl.

A moment of silence, please for the passing of my faithful steed, Yoko...... Fare thee well

Jerry D. Finley ("Danger" is my middle name)
"I speed, therefore I am. "

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2005, 6:50 pm

good times!

CONGRATS! I understand the pain, just like losing a girlfriend/mistress. Time heals all or atleast that is what I keep telling myself every six months.

ONON-
Mark
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2005, 7:16 pm

I feel the heartache when you let a good thing go but there is more on the horizon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2005, 7:18 pm
cat

May your new mistress bring you as much as your old one did!
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2005, 7:20 pm
no power in the 'verse can stop me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
Geezz.. I felt so good this am when Jesse picked her up after driving all night from Ohio. Seemed like a good guy... worthy.

A moment of silence, please for the passing of my faithful steed, Yoko...... Fare thee well

Well finally !!

Didn't think that bike would ever get to experience the
awesome roads of Ohio given your, ummmmm, blindspots
regarding what are some of the finest roads out there.
And believe me, I've become quite the expert on blindspots

Glad to see it going to a good home.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 12:17 am

Curious

From what I've heard of you and Yoko, it sounds like that bike had a pretty good life. I was curious how many miles were on her and did you ever have the dreaded seal/clutch failure?? If so, at what mileage?
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 12:25 am

idiot
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 1:20 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer1
From what I've heard of you and Yoko, it sounds like that bike had a pretty good life. I was curious how many miles were on her and did you ever have the dreaded seal/clutch failure?? If so, at what mileage?

Sir beemer1.. Yes.. she had a charmed life.. FYI she had 43K problem free miles.. no seal/clutch probs..
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 1:42 pm
Enthusiast

The RS is good. Understand the pain. Your new S will renew your spirit. Promise!

"The more people I meet the more I love my dog !"

07 K1200 GT deep blue metallic
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 11:49 am
Veteran

...my RS Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
Sir beemer1.. Yes.. she had a charmed life.. FYI she had 43K problem free miles.. no seal/clutch probs..
Now that she' sold..I remember back if I recall(old archives) you had a transmission(shifting) problem?? Can you you enlighten us what became of it..or was it a figmatation of my imgination...
================== edited==============
I am editing this 'cause I did further research and answered my own question by looking further into his problem..thus from the archives:
====================================
10/15/04
Tim.. Good one!!, but I already checked that... However... GOOD NEWS!!! I figured it out early this am and the problem is solved....!!!

It hit me at about 3am a bolt from above.. What if somehow.. someway... the already short throw (in the Verholen Q Shift Kit) got even shorter?? to the point where the transmission could NOT shift into a next higher gear because it could not determine one gog from the next ?? as they were virtually in the same spot... ?? remeber, the shift throw with a Verholen kit is only about 1/8" as apposed to 3/4" for a stock bike..

Of course.. this mid-REM theory made only quasi-since as I have NO idea how the linkage could simply jump out of adjustment...Would seem impossible, but as Data used to say..(or to paraphrase..) "When all avenues of logic have been exhausted, the improbable seems likely." ... worth a shot.

Got up early, removed the entire linkage system, added 1/4" to the throw, making it longer.. Went for a ride and the bitch shifts puuuurfectly...!! Crisis averted...worries downgraded to defcon 2... Mongo happy..
==============================

Good to keep those old archives around....

Last edited by aa3jy; Oct 23rd, 2005 at 12:11 pm. Reason: Did some further research.........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode