Cost Of New Tires - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 12:01 am Thread Starter

Talking Cost Of New Tires

It's sad but true, I do 99% of my K12-ing on I-95 for my commute. So I get long mileage out of my tires. Looks like I'll get close to 17k miles on this set, albeit with a good flat spot! So I just bought the animal some new skins. I went with the Bridgestone 020 and paid $203.00 delivered for the pair thru Chaparral. I was curious what others were paying and if there was a dealer/site where prices were even better. I was pretty happy with $203.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 12:21 am

I just bought a front 014 from Motorcycle accessory warehouse and paid something like $81 plus $9 shipping. I think Chapparell was within $1. Do you mount your own or pay a shop? I got mine mounted and balanced for $25 when I take the wheel in off the bike. I have a Smartire system which makes it harder to change the valve stem. --Jerry
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 12:30 am Thread Starter

Thumbs up As for actually changing the tires....

there is a fellow K12 site member who lives here in VA who has "maint days" and has the equip to change them. I plan to contact him and see when the next day will be. Otherwise, both wheels will go to Morton's BMW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 12:24 pm
Addict

new tires

i just bought new pirelli front and rear for my '04kgt. they were the high mileage diablo, bought them on reccommend of the pirate. at ron ayers they were $232 total, including shipping. i'll have an indy install and balance for $75. i'll be out about $300 for the job. dealer in tampa wanted $400. i too do mostly pavement riding, got 16,500 out of oem z4's.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 10:59 pm
Enthusiast

Many people swear by http://www.swmototires.com/ . I ordered a pair of Avons from them on a Monday night through their website & received a tracking number via email. Tires were drop-shipped from CA and at my house when I got home from work on Wednesday. Free shipping when you buy two or more tires. I paid $229.90

Bill

'04 K1200RS Alpine White/Orient Blue
'05 R1200GS Red
'07 KTM 950 Super Enduro
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 1:29 am

Metzeler's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMoney
Many people swear by http://www.swmototires.com/ . I ordered a pair of Avons from them on a Monday night through their website & received a tracking number via email. Tires were drop-shipped from CA and at my house when I got home from work on Wednesday. Free shipping when you buy two or more tires. I paid $229.90
Just ordered set of Z6's today K12GT '04. $221.00 (free shipping) to my door. Will mount and balance myself. From swmototires.com Hope to have in less than a week. (Arizona? to NY).
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 11:10 am
Enthusiast

When I picked up my new 04KGT in January the 1st thing I did was order new tires for it thru SWmoto and had them in two days. The tires went on at 108 miles and were mounted and balanced by me. I think I paid $209 delivered for a set of Conti Road Attacks. The Bridgestone 020's came stock on my Kawasaki and I never trusted them so I tried the Conti's on it and liked them so much I put a set on the beemer.
Later == Bobby

Real Pretty Blue 09KGT
00 REX 1100
01 REX 1200
08 ZX14 Dark Blue Metallic

93 Supercharged Lytnin
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 2:45 pm
Addict

Question Tires

SWMOTO also, quick service, free shipping on 2 or more, no 3 digit DOT numbers!

Question: WTF brand of tires are you getting 17K out of???

Ken Bowen-Retired MSF RiderCoach

Kerrville, TX

"Ride Safe, Ride Smart, Ride Home...
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 4:41 pm
Enthusiast

Just put new tires on yesterday. I wanted to mail order them, but could not wait, so I went to Morton's. Took my wheels in in the morning, picked them up around 2. Convneient but costly. I would have saved over $100 on tires and instal if I had time to wait for delivery and time to set up time with George in KG to use his tire changer. I guess that is the price you pay for convienence. Was riding again well before dark. I just took off some Pirelli Diablos, I actually got 10k miles out of them and just wore off the tread bars this past week. I was suprised.
I will see how these Metzler Z6's do this winter.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 4:54 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer1
It's sad but true, I do 99% of my K12-ing on I-95 for my commute. So I get long mileage out of my tires. Looks like I'll get close to 17k miles on this set, albeit with a good flat spot! So I just bought the animal some new skins. I went with the Bridgestone 020 and paid $203.00 delivered for the pair thru Chaparral. I was curious what others were paying and if there was a dealer/site where prices were even better. I was pretty happy with $203.

Hi,
I've just had a Bridgestone battleaxe 180/55/17rear tyre fitted on my RS...159,00 euro plus 15,00 euro to fit and balance...in and out in 40 min with VAT 174,00 euro. Is that good or bad I don't know...but It's done 3 minuits down the road!!
I wish I could get 17k out of my tyres, but I only ride mine for pleasure so I tend to make them work hard...ie 8k at best.
Steve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode