Help with ABS ? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 2:07 pm Thread Starter

Cool Help with ABS ?

After my encounter with flying debris and shattered ABS sensors, the warning lights started flashing opposite each other and stay on. Changed the sensor, played with the shims and tried every gap measurement possible. Even disconnected the battery to see if that would reset anything. Still flashing. Any input or tribal knowledge about this condition would be welcomed warmly. My other option is to take it to the dealer and hope they don't rape me like a "Prison Princess".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 2:43 pm
Looking for better limits...

See if the rear brake light is constantly on after the ignition is turned on. It's possible that the switch for the front lever or rear pedal is engaged even though you're not touching it. The micro-switch on the pedal can be fussy at times. Tail light being out will cause an alarm indication, I just don't know what it is. Also, the sensors don't really become involved until the bike moves, so if the flashing takes place after the bike is started but not yet moved, the problem should be elsewhere, unless the sensor is bad. Also, brake fluid level at the rear reservoir will be flagged if it's low.

That's all I can think of...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Sze
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 11:31 pm Thread Starter

Unhappy

Brake lights and switches acting normal. ABS self test lights alternately flash up to 90mph and down to zero. Sensor is 2 days old. I hope something didn't short out when it was sheered off. It's either very simple or very expensive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 11:43 am

ABS System Failure

Having just gone through the process of replacing the stop light switch... Ah but this is about your problem, not mine. A couple of questions:

Is alternate flashing fast, 4x per second, or slow, 1x per second):
Are you absolutely sure that the braking system was not damaged in the incident, like a hose nicked, or a fitting broken loose?

Usually, the alternate flashing lights are a signal that teh fluid id low in the ABS system. This resevoir has no vivual check as it is contained within the ABS block under teh seat.

Good Luck.

Tim

2004 K1200RS -- being nursed back to health.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 1:01 pm

You may or may not have seen this:
http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:d...nsor+gap&hl=en

Jeff
K12RS Taxi
K1
R1150GS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode