turn signals auto cancel?? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 6:11 pm Thread Starter

turn signals auto cancel??

Hello all KRS/GT owners. I'm really enjoying my new ride, an '04 KRS. Great handling machine, despite the common characteristics of this model.

Does anyone know how the turn signal auto cancellation work on my KRS? Is it based on time or motion? Can't seem to find any notes about that in the owners manual, nor does my dealer know for sure.....or does it even have this feature?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 6:42 pm
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky88
Hello all KRS/GT owners. I'm really enjoying my new ride, an '04 KRS. Great handling machine, despite the common characteristics of this model.

Does anyone know how the turn signal auto cancellation work on my KRS? Is it based on time or motion? Can't seem to find any notes about that in the owners manual, nor does my dealer know for sure.....or does it even have this feature?
Whooo...this has been raised as a question before, and I don't think conclusively answered. I believe it's a two stage process, as it's based on the speed you're going. Under 35MPH, it's a specific distance. Over 35, it's timed. Mine is 15 flashes when the speed is above 35, but I haven't exactly timed it. Good enough for changing two lanes at 65 in a non-agressive manner.
Now, the 35MPH cross-over may be some speed less than that, just not by much. Hopefully, other opinions will rise to the occasion, and maybe someone will actually measure.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 9:27 pm Thread Starter

Ray, thanks for the info. I'm going to give it a try. Coming from riding bikes with left controls for turns and cancel, I'm going to have to get used to the right controls for that. The auto cancel will sure be a good thing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 9:30 pm
no power in the 'verse can stop me

Also, they'll blink all day at a stoplight or stop sign, then cancel themselves once you get moving over about 5mph.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 10:42 pm
Enthusiast

My signals ALWAYS cancel at 50 MPH when accelerating regardless of time or distance

Bill

'04 K1200RS Alpine White/Orient Blue
'05 R1200GS Red
'07 KTM 950 Super Enduro
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 6:58 pm

Turn signal cancellation....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMoney
My signals ALWAYS cancel at 50 MPH when accelerating regardless of time or distance
Don't quote me, but I believe it works on a "set distance" to turn off. If above quote was true, the signals would never turn off below 50, and mine definately do. It does not have anything to do with how many "flashes" occurs. If that was true, and you had a long light, it would shut off, which I am sure BMW would not engineer into a bike.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 7:23 pm

It's about time

I think it's 15 seconds IF you are in motion. Way too long in IMO but not adjustable according to my dealer.

Mark
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 10:42 pm

Interesting, mine always cancel at 30 when accelerating from a stop, don't know about accelerating from 30 or 40.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 11:06 pm

timed cancellation

The turn signals will automatically cancel after 15 seconds while the bike is in gear, regardless of what speed you are traveling. IF the bike is in neutral or if the clutch is pulled in the auto cancellation will no longer work. This is why while at a stop light it will never turn itself off.

ONON-
Mark
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 11:08 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200GTosprey
Don't quote me, but I believe it works on a "set distance" to turn off. If above quote was true, the signals would never turn off below 50, and mine definately do. It does not have anything to do with how many "flashes" occurs. If that was true, and you had a long light, it would shut off, which I am sure BMW would not engineer into a bike.
Clarification: Mine also auto-cancel below 50MPH. What I'm saying is if I accelerate briskly/WOT/etc they cancel as soon as I hit 50 MPH. There's no waiting so-many seconds for it to happen. It's like 50 MPH overrides any time or distance algorithms.

Bill

'04 K1200RS Alpine White/Orient Blue
'05 R1200GS Red
'07 KTM 950 Super Enduro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode