ABS Failure, 03 k1200 gt ?? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2005, 10:30 am Thread Starter
just saying hey

Question ABS Failure, 03 k1200 gt ??

After riding in the rain for hours, went to slow for an exit, and only had "residual" braking...wow.... The brake failure light alone was blinking. Pumped both brakes several times afte I was stopped, and the light went out and all was back to normal.

Has anyone else had this happen? Any ideas what caused it? Several re-starts and all seems normal now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2005, 10:33 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Colleton
After riding in the rain for hours, went to slow for an exit, and only had "residual" braking...wow.... The brake failure light alone was blinking. Pumped both brakes several times afte I was stopped, and the light went out and all was back to normal.

Has anyone else had this happen? Any ideas what caused it? Several re-starts and all seems normal now.
Could be your ABS wheel sensors need to be checked for clearences or may have been fouled by the water...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2005, 11:14 am

I had the same problem on my 02 K1200RS. The first time it happened I had been riding in the rain and I was able to reset it by turning the key off, then on again. Then it started happening more frequently and the only way I could get it to reset was to tap on the ABS housing under the seat. My dealer had to replace the entire ABS unit to fix it $$$. If you are still under warranty I would recommend you bring it into the dealer to document the problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode