'04 RS & GT Prices - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2005, 6:14 pm Thread Starter

Question '04 RS & GT Prices

Just stopped at Bob's BMW a little bit ago. They've been advertising leftover RS and GTs, the RS with .9% and 5 payments, the GT 3.9% and 5 payments. The salesman told me the RS is $17,500, the GT $18,500, both before tax and tags. Does this seem a little high or is it just me? I was thinking of trading my Road King on a GT, but I was shocked at the prices.

"We deal in lead, friend"
----------------------------
'04 K12RS (capri blue)
'07 Triumph Speed Triple
'00 HD Road King
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2005, 6:26 pm
tmh

K-GT base MSRP is $17,760, and I am not sure that this price includes things like the heated seat (which seem to be already installed on models brought into the US). Therefore seems like the "deal" is starting pretty much from the MSRP.

What is the value of each "payment" that BMW will cover? Where does that take the effective purchase price? Also, maybe there is some room that the dealer has to still give the 5 payments deal, but off a lower starting price.

Then again, there are seemingly pretty many used, low mileage bikes out there which still have a significant portion of their factory warranty left. Plus they may already have upgrades like barbacks, stealth backrest, etc.

Buying new you take the biggest hits both in sales tax and depreciation.

Of course, if you are already 5150...

Tom
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2005, 7:22 pm

shop around some more

Do your research... the internet is your friend!!! Check out ebay and some other dealers. I just checked out Max BMW up in New York. They have an '03 GT (12k miles) for 11.5k.

The problem is that RS/GT's are starting to sell pretty strong since BMW stopped imported these models. From a sales aspect I can understand their decision, but from a marketing perspective it was a hangman's noose. Regardless, try and deal down the purchase price by atleast $2,000. I was able to pick up an brand new '04 for $16,200 (including accessories) out the door last november, which was almost an entire year ago. Although, I did not have those first 5 payments either, but I put a hefty down payment. Gotta read the fine print or else you'll get screwed.

I'm surprised that dealers has held onto these bikes for so long - I swear who ever leads up marketing for BMW North America needs to rethink their ideals, apparently the current stance is failing - atleast that is the appearance from my standpoint.

ONON-
Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2005, 8:39 pm

Pricing

Just got my MCN magazine and they update Used bikes. An 05 GT w/ABS goes for $15,835, an 04 for $13,580 and an 03 for $11,400. An 04 RS w/ABS goes for $12,825, and an 03 for $10,765. If you can find a good used GT/RS with warranty you'll be money ahead. On the other hand if the dealer makes you a good trade and you're looking to finance, 3.9% ain't too bad. Even paying the 18 large isn't that far out of the ball park. I don't think we'll see BMW giving the large cash incentives they did in 2004 ($3,500 off the list on an RS and $4,500 off on the LT) If you like the bike get it, you won't find a better sport touring bike on the planet.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2005, 9:23 pm

The base prices do not include added options, like cruise, heated grips, ABS, etc. But most of the bikes arrived with the desired options already installed. If you're in the market for the GT (which I was), doing my search, there were "no" GT's left with cruise or heated grips or heated seat option. I opted with the new RS. Besides it's almost like a free loan at 0.9%. Why not use BMW's money? They should have gave the GT's the same finance interest rate. I believed the GT's were only 3 month free payment and not 5.... don't have the ad any more but I could be wrong.

It's a sweet bike. I've always liked it new to start with, not that there is disadvantage to buying used. Just piece of mind.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2005, 9:58 pm
Veteran

The GT was coming with 3.9% financing and 3 mos. payments by BMW. The RS is 0.9% financing and the first 5 mos. payments by BMW. The payments made by BMW are based on the bottom line financed selling price. They make the first (3 or5)) payments, whatever the amount is.
When I got my RS (wanted a GT) in June '05 there were 77 RS's and 5 GT's in the warehouse. The Gt's were stripped and the RS's were loaded.
Bruce C
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2005, 11:13 pm

My 05 GT with heated seat and grips and factory backrest was $22K Cdn after the discounts (lists at $25K). That's $18700 US. With taxes...$25K Cdn.

Not sure what you guys are making but up here $50 to $60K would be considered a good salary so you are looking at 5 or 6 months salary for one of these bikes.

How about down there?
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2005, 11:48 pm
Lee
Enthusiast

The salesman told me the RS is $17,500, the GT $18,500

That sure seems high to me for bikes almost two model years old.

Lee Fillian
Creston, Iowa
03 K1200RS
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2005, 12:22 am
Veteran

Gee why not buy an S.. you can get one for less!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2005, 12:42 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob5150
Just stopped at Bob's BMW a little bit ago. They've been advertising leftover RS and GTs, the RS with .9% and 5 payments, the GT 3.9% and 5 payments. The salesman told me the RS is $17,500, the GT $18,500, both before tax and tags. Does this seem a little high or is it just me? I was thinking of trading my Road King on a GT, but I was shocked at the prices.
I bought a brand new K RS this past March for $15,500, 5 free payments, 0.9% finance. With heated grips, cruise, sports suspension, 5.5" rear wheel. No other accessories.

Keep dealing, the deal is still too high.

Ron

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode