clear front turn signal lenses - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 2007, 11:47 pm Thread Starter

clear front turn signal lenses

I ordered a clear rear tail light and turn signal lenses for my '02 K1200RS, but am having trouble finding clear front lenses. ClearAlternatived makes a set but its for the earlier RS model through '01, they don't make them the '02-'05. The ClearAlternatives guys said BMW makes them for the newer models, but my local dealer said he couldn't find them in the parts catalog.

Any ideas on sourcing clear front lenses for the newer RS's ?

Marty S.
2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2007, 12:10 am
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by martys
I ordered a clear rear tail light and turn signal lenses for my '02 K1200RS, but am having trouble finding clear front lenses. ClearAlternatived makes a set but its for the earlier RS model through '01, they don't make them the '02-'05. The ClearAlternatives guys said BMW makes them for the newer models, but my local dealer said he couldn't find them in the parts catalog.

Tell them you want the turn signal lenses for the GT. The GT came with clear front and rear. Only caveat was I believe a difference in the plastic itself, but was something you ground off and all was good. Since I have the GT, I have no personal experience with making the mod.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Sze
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2007, 12:37 am
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razel
Tell them you want the turn signal lenses for the GT. The GT came with clear front and rear. Only caveat was I believe a difference in the plastic itself, but was something you ground off and all was good. Since I have the GT, I have no personal experience with making the mod.
Hmmmm. While scrutinizing the online fiches, it appears that the socket for the clear lenses are different than the socket for the amber lenses (differing part numbers).

Black 2002 K1200RS - "The Beast" (over 100k miles)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2007, 7:24 am
Veteran

Quote:

Marty

The lens assembly part# are: 63 13 7 672 159 and 63 13 7 672 160. The cost was $34.50 each back in July of '05.

They come with the european sockets and amber bulbs. Keep your American sockets and buy amber( or your choice) bulbs at an auto store!

On the rear BMW clear lenses you have to do a little filing on the sides of each plastic tab to make them fit. This is a factory "rejection system" so that they wouldn't fit on non-european, amber lensed bikes TAKE YOUR TIME WITH THIS!!

Bruce C
'04 K1200RS Capri Blue(totaled)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST

Last edited by brucecha; Apr 10th, 2007 at 7:53 am.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2007, 7:51 pm
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnadero
Hmmmm. While scrutinizing the online fiches, it appears that the socket for the clear lenses are different than the socket for the amber lenses (differing part numbers).
Yeah, the sockets are different. The pins on the bulbs aren't 180 offset, but more like 120. Hopefully, though, you don't have to buy the socket with the lens.

Then again, those funky folks in Berlin may have altered the mount for the socket to the lens as well...that I don't know.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Sze
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2007, 8:46 pm
Addict

Germans

As the Brits said during WW II, "Those pesky Germans!"

Ken Bowen-Retired MSF RiderCoach

Kerrville, TX

"Ride Safe, Ride Smart, Ride Home...
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2007, 11:01 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucecha
Marty

The lens assembly part# are: 63 13 7 672 159 and 63 13 7 672 160. The cost was $34.50 each back in July of '05.

They come with the european sockets and amber bulbs. Keep your American sockets and buy amber( or your choice) bulbs at an auto store!

On the rear BMW clear lenses you have to do a little filing on the sides of each plastic tab to make them fit. This is a factory "rejection system" so that they wouldn't fit on non-european, amber lensed bikes TAKE YOUR TIME WITH THIS!!
ya, I found those part #'s on A&S Cycles, they're $45 each now :yeah I'm not sure I want to spend $90 on a pair of full light assemblies just for a $10 pair of lenses. I'll check on the GT lenses and see if I can get those seperate.

Marty S.
2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200s
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 2007, 7:27 am
Veteran

Quote:
ya, I found those part #'s on A&S Cycles, they're $45 each now :yeah I'm not sure I want to spend $90 on a pair of full light assemblies just for a $10 pair of lenses. I'll check on the GT lenses and see if I can get those seperate.
Marty
They come as a unit only! Pop your amber one out and see how there made. The GT is identical.

See if Chicago BMW has them in stock, you get 20% off.

Bruce C
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 2007, 9:20 am
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucecha
See if Chicago BMW has them in stock, you get 20% off.
The only hitch with Chicago BMW is that if they don't have the desired part in stock, it seemingly takes forever to get it.

Black 2002 K1200RS - "The Beast" (over 100k miles)
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 2007, 9:50 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnadero
The only hitch with Chicago BMW is that if they don't have the desired part in stock, it seemingly takes forever to get it.

That's for sure. I waited almost 2 weeks for windscreen inserts to arrive at Chicago BMW to complete my order.
But I do buy almost all my maintenance stock from them.

Bruce C
2008 Triumph Sprint ST

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode