Just my battery? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2007, 9:27 pm Thread Starter

Just my battery?

Hi all my bike is sold and the new owner will be here to pick it up tomorrow so I wanted to start it and make sure everything is in good working order. Uh oh it won't turn over made a couple of very quiet clicks and I have heard of the seliniod arcing on the starting and sticking so I didn't try long. I jump started and it ran great the brake warning lights never indicated a problem so I rode for about twenty min at 4 to 5k rpm. Then I parked it and waited about 2 min and tried to start it and the same thing no turn over at all. I'm hoping a new battery will fix this am I right. By the way its an 03 gt with stock battery and it hadn't started for about 3 weeks I have never used a tender because it always started right up and I normally rode 3 to 4 times per week. Thanks quick replys a plus here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2007, 10:39 pm
Veteran

Things always go wrong at times like these, damn it!

Well, your battery is 4 yrs. old. You never had any trouble before. I would say the battery just lasted it's normal service life and gave it up. I would just replace it rather than charging it and have the new owner gets stuck on the road.

Bruce C
'04 K1200RS Capri Blue(totaled)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2007, 10:57 pm
Noob

Sounds like the battery. A battery cannot fully charge by just riding it for 20 minutes especially if it was really dead before. Either something drew the battery down or it's just seen better days. A new battery will get it out the door but if you have something drawing on the battery while not in use it will happen again. Considering the short time you will have the bike, a new battery will solve your immediate problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2007, 8:34 am
no power in the 'verse can stop me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200rs
Sounds like the battery. A new battery will get it out the door but if you have something drawing on the battery while not in use it will happen again.
The clock will do that.

A battery tender when not in use will fix that.

tim-----still on the right side of the frostline

you can't stop the signal
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2007, 2:59 pm
Veteran

Sounds like it s trying to tell you something...."But I don t wana go away!".....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode