Power Commander - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2007, 6:31 am Thread Starter

Power Commander

I am due for my 10000klm service on my 2003 gt. I am the second owner, I purchased the bike with 2900klm on it and after reading the ecu problem threds I have the cold start and cold run problem. I mentioned this to the dealer and they said as the bike is out of warantee I would have to pay for a new ecu even though I can give them the sudo recall number they still want me to pay(bastards). The option that I am considering is a power commander and having it dyno tuned, this will cost me about $1000 which is less than a new ecu. I use the gt for commuting and touring, if I want to scratch I use the bimota so I am not interested in power but want to stop the gt almost stalling unless I warm it up for 5 minutes. What I would like to know is from those sho have a power commander fitted what feedback do you have, is it good, bad, worth the money or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2007, 5:31 pm
Enthusiast

Power Commander

Almost any of the aftermarket chips will cure the cold start issue and you won't have do nearly as much tweaking. Check the threads on the Rhinewest chip.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2007, 3:42 am
Addict

I don't think Power Commander is in the same league as a power tune chip. As far as I know, Power Commander only modifies what the stock ECU is doing and it's always doing it AFTER the ECU has made it's own decision from sensor inputs. Whereas a power chip is a complete map modification, responding precisely and quickly to sensor input changes.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2007, 1:59 pm
"DELIVERS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxmagna
I don't think Power Commander is in the same league as a power tune chip. As far as I know, Power Commander only modifies what the stock ECU is doing and it's always doing it AFTER the ECU has made it's own decision from sensor inputs. Whereas a power chip is a complete map modification, responding precisely and quickly to sensor input changes.
Yes. The PC is also a complete map modification, responding to the fuel to air ratio sensed at a wide-range 02 sensor (replaces stock narrow-range sensor).
Because of this,I don't think a PC would cure your stalling problem. You need to be running basically correct for the PC to improve performance. I'm happy with my PC. It does improve on the stock setup, better throttle response, runs a little cooler, but you lose a couple mpg's ....

'04 GT...Orient Blue...Staintune...Ohlins...Power Commander

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode