HELP!! NO Fuel Pump After dead battery!! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2007, 11:17 am Thread Starter

Unhappy HELP!! NO Fuel Pump After dead battery!!

Hi everyone,

My 2000 K1200RS was working perfect untill I went on a lengthy business trip and did not start it in over 2 month. When I got back I noticed the battery was completely dead. So I took the seat out and charged it overnight with a trickle charger. Next moring althought it barely sarted I managed to run it ok for about 10 miles. When I got back home I shut it down and then tried to started but again the battery was weak.

I took the battery off the bike (and yes I also took off that "round Cylinder" with the 3 rubber hoses that I had to take of in order to get the battery off-- what is cylinder thing anyway?? some kind of filter??), added a bit of distiled water and charged it overnight at 2 amp rate. I just put the battery and that "Plastic Cylinder" back on the bike but when I start the bike I do NOT hear the fuel pump like I normally do. It turns over ok but I think my fuel pump is not going.

What the heck did I do?? do I have to do some kind of reset?? how do I do a ECU/ECM reset?

As always, all help is appreciated!!

ys

"...work hard; play harder..."

'01 BMW K1200RS-coming soon to a driveway near me!!
'05 Honda VTX1300C
'04 Kawasaki KLR 650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2007, 2:01 pm
Addict

If the fuel pump wasn't working the bike wouldn't run, not for long anyway.

If your battery was left flat for that long, I'd either get it properly checked or replaced before you risk damaging the starter solenoid. If the battery is OK and going flat, then either it's not being charged or there's an electrical drain when the ignition is off.

I'd get your battery up to scratch first and make sure it's being charged on the bike (alternator ok). The fuel pump is controlled by a relay, perhaps this has been stuck on?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2007, 2:58 pm
Veteran

There are (2) two negative or ground cables hooked to the battery. Did you attach them both or only one??

Bruce C
'04 K1200RS Capri Blue(totaled)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2007, 7:48 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucecha
There are (2) two negative or ground cables hooked to the battery. Did you attach them both or only one??
Yes I got both connected. BTW the fuses as all OK as well...

"...work hard; play harder..."

'01 BMW K1200RS-coming soon to a driveway near me!!
'05 Honda VTX1300C
'04 Kawasaki KLR 650
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2007, 2:04 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclePilot
Yes I got both connected. BTW the fuses as all OK as well...
Okay, when you say you don't hear the fuel pump, do you mean that little whirring sound that goes on for a second or so after the ignition is switched on?

In my experience, the only time the fuel pump fails to make that noise is when the following condition exists: the side stand is deployed AND the transmission is in gear.

Any other combination - trans in gear and side stand up, side stand down and trans in neutral, both with clutch in or out - will result in fuel pump activity when ignition is switched on (starter switch in RUN position, of course).

Black 2002 K1200RS - "The Beast" (over 100k miles)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode