Getting Down Low... - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 2007, 3:56 pm Thread Starter

Getting Down Low...

Hi, as the newest new guy I have a question.

I am looking at a gently used '04 K12GT and my questions concern seat height. I notice the specifications on the New Generation GT's show the stock seat in the Low position as 32.3, but the '04 model shows 31.1. The reason I mention the next Gen GT seat is that I sat on one today and it was way tall for my 5'7", 30 inseam. Did not like that.

So, there is a Low Seat option available in the BMW site.... how much lower would you think the seat would be on the '04 with Low heated seat? The parts guys at the dealership cannot/will not say.

And- do any of the regular seat guys like Russel/Mayer/Sargent make low heated seats?
Plus any ideas about getting it lower would be welcomed.

I just found you guys- I think I am going to like it here. Thanks

Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 2007, 6:51 pm
Looking for better limits...

An inch at best, but to be perfectly honest, I don't know. I'm 5'9, 30" inseam, and the regular seat on the low position doesn't present a problem. I'm flat-footing it at stops. Just barely. With it in the high postion, I'm tip-toed, not seriously tip-toed. I can hold the bike up quite easily. It's just on long rides I put the seat up so I get a longer ride before I need to stretch my legs. Used to be able to go gas-stop-to-gas-stop, but now I'm standing on the pegs for a mile or so one between fuel stops.

I believe Russel and Mayer (both of them) provide a heating option. If you're looking for comfort and could care less about looks, the Russel comes in at the top.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser SŲze
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 2007, 7:49 pm
Veteran

Im 5 foot 4.75....at my last Dr. visit...29 inseam....over my cough cough...51 years i have lost 1.25 inch...but when i first started riding the GT i too thought of the "low" seat...but after riding for 3 or 4 months it was no problem with the stock seat....im tip tip tip toe with both feet down....and really never had a problem...the bike is so well balanced that just the slightest touch of the road it stays up....like second nature now...but at first i was a wreck!....same with turning at lot speeds...i needed a whole parking lot to turn around...now i can do u turns on a normal street......improvement over time will surprise you...its a heavy bike but in time youll be able to throw it around like no business....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode