Throttle Body Maintenance - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 2007, 8:25 am Thread Starter
Addict

Throttle Body Maintenance

HAH!!! Thought you could get rid of the cobbler did ya? Not a chance!
Hey guys how's everyone. I've been off-line for a while. Part due to riding and part to laziness. Anyhoo, I have 33,000 miles on my 02' RS (black of course) and I'm curious if I need throttle body maintenance of any type at this time. Cleaning, adjusting, etc. I could not find anything in my CD Manual. When I used to work on bike for a living, shortly after the invention of those round things that make the bike move better, I used to sync. the carbs w/ a set of vacuum gauges, which I still have. Does anyone know if this procedure is basically the same or is maintenance on them strictly Dealer involvement. Any response would be greatly appreciated................except rude stupid ones.

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]Jim S.
[/COLOR] * Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 2007, 11:38 am
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbler
HAH!!! Thought you could get rid of the cobbler did ya? Not a chance!
Hey guys how's everyone. I've been off-line for a while. Part due to riding and part to laziness. Anyhoo, I have 33,000 miles on my 02' RS (black of course) and I'm curious if I need throttle body maintenance of any type at this time. Cleaning, adjusting, etc. I could not find anything in my CD Manual. When I used to work on bike for a living, shortly after the invention of those round things that make the bike move better, I used to sync. the carbs w/ a set of vacuum gauges, which I still have. Does anyone know if this procedure is basically the same or is maintenance on them strictly Dealer involvement. Any response would be greatly appreciated................except rude stupid ones.
Wash as mixed fabrics, high spin speed 1200 rpm and hang out to dry!

Seriously, apart from cleaning the only problem I found was a rotten breather pipe which was blowing oil on the inside of the row. Warning: DO NOT alter the mechanical TPS seting. The TPS is the big electrical thingummy on the right hand end. Leave it attached. There are some O rings in the flange joins and nice stainless replacement bolts for the flange hold downs look nice. Oh, and if you've run a K&N filter like me there'll be lots of brown sticky oil on the butterflies to clean off. The throttle cable may be tedious to get out as the soldered end goes rusty.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0042small.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	5405  
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2007, 4:07 am Thread Starter
Addict

Throttle Body

Vox, Thanks for the reply. I was curious because I remembered my dealer mentioning something about it as a maintenance item during a periodic service.

BTW- Man I so hope the throttle body in the picture is the only thing hanging that's yours. :yeah

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]Jim S.
[/COLOR] * Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode