Looks aren't everything .... however - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 10:18 am Thread Starter

Unhappy Looks aren't everything .... however

From all the "intelligence" and snooping that has been done so far, we look like we are going to get a German tourer with Japanese clothing combined with RT ish parts. Sorry guys, but all the technology will not get me on something that looks like a scooter designed in Photoshop. The most beautiful thing BMW has designed for years was the KRS/GT, particularly with the luggage removed. Even sport bikes wave to me on my Pacific Blue beauty. If you squint at the spy shots we have for the GT and the actual ones for FJR the only difference is the price.

Sorry but unless they do something to make the thing look reasonable, the KRS is going to spend some more time in my garage for sure. Not to say I don't want all the other stuff, but the K1200S in gray is about as Japanese as I would like to see BMW go.

Perhaps they need a designer that goes a little beyond the function to form and looks.

Yours anticipating the release of the GT with visual trepidation.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 10:39 am
No bogey's twist wrist

Smile next gen GT

Mike, I could not agree with you more, I have been looking forward to the new GT myself. Having ridden the S and R and came away feeling that I could buy any other top of the line Japanese sport bike for less with similar if not better performance. For the extra I spent on my GT vs most others I got form and function. The bags with the divot on the trailing edge, the angular fairing, the aquatic mirrors, baboon ass take more away then the promised 150 hp and esa adds. I can out handle and out run most any who I encounter on the GT yes its not a sport bike and the occasional good rider on a sport bike will eventually go around. But in the real world we have cops, significant others, children and all those things that tend to make you go a little slower. I for one would like to do that in style and the current ks series does not have it in my opinion. Kind of a Kate Moss (KS) vs Pamela Anderson (GT) thing. I will go for the curves every time.

If it's got curves ride it.
life member NRA, GOA and Tennessee Firearms Owners Association.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 12:52 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeodial
From all the "intelligence" and snooping that has been done so far, we look like we are going to get a German tourer with Japanese clothing combined with RT ish parts. Sorry guys, but all the technology will not get me on something that looks like a scooter designed in Photoshop.
Well said. Frankly the current KRS/GT looks great and is a complete package. In my opinion it's all you really need, if not more then you need, when it comes to sport touring. Not that I fault BMW (and the other makes) for striving to improve their product. But change for the sake of change (and to generate sales) doesn't cut it with me.

Later designs aren't always better. Half the time you end up with something that's inferior in many ways to the previous model. Which would you rather have...a 70 GTO or a 73?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 3:53 pm

I'd rather it look like an FJ than a RT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode