BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

K1200GT - Accessory Shelf

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  mjkuhno 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if there is an accessory shelf manufactured for the K1200GT?

Jim Puckett
Jackson, MO
IBA 24142
MOA 112409
RA 30996
AMA 274803

#4 ·
lostnks said:
Jim, I've got the Big Mak shelf for the GT. Got it from Cyclegadgets. If you go that route, be sure to get the support arms.

Best,
+1....great product but be sure to get the support arm if you are going to run anything heavy. I put a Zumo on it and there was a lot of vibration before adding the support arm.

Oh yeah, if you contact Big Mak directly you might have an easier time because I'm not sure Cyclegadets is yet aware of the support arm. Also, I had to do a bit of re-engineering to get the support arm to fit correctly. Nothing too serious, it just wouldn't quite fit in the pre drilled hole on the shelf. Had to straighten out the support arm and drill a new hole. Took all of 2 minutes.

http://www.bigmakaccess.com/

#5 ·
+2 Big Mak

I had a gadgetguy mount on my RT that put the gps and radar above the instruments and I'll never do it another way. The safety factor is great, you don't have to look down and left or right. I bought the support arms but it still bounces a little more than I'd like but only on really bad roads.

I've got a 2730, a V1 and the V1 audio adapter up there and the XM antenna mounts on the metal between the windshield supports (velcro).

#6 ·
BigMak

Just an update, Cyclegadgets.com is very aware of the modified version with support arms. Mine arrived quickly and installation is a snap. Fit & finish is very good, and it looks good too, as long as you don't mind the support arms... Could not have done it better myself...!

A note about airflow... It does rearrange the airflow under the screen just a bit. But it does not detract from face protection at proper screen elevation, depending upon your height..

Jim

#7 ·
Big thums up for BigMak

Was one of the 'earlier' adopters and Mark was excellent to deal with. Bought the shelf right as he was finalizing the support arms, and as promised he had them to me in a few days after release.

He also makes a very nice flip-up tank bag that you might want to check into.

Overall, a great guy, creating good quality products.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.